Strip the Solar System from the Van to sell?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janncwebb

Reaction score
I have been living in a 2012 Chevy Express. With the help of Jamie's Van Build I have 800 watts solar on the roof, two Battleborn litium ion batteries, and all the best of accessories such as the Renogy Solar Charge Controller and Xantrax Inverter. Yesterday I bought a Class B+ 2005 Travel-Lite RV. I always thought if I ever upgraded I would sell the van as is (well, maybe switch out the Battleborns). But, now I am thinking it would be smarter to switch all the system over to the RV. I am not going to be camping places where I plug into shore power. If you have actual living experience, please give me your advice.

I'm sure it would increase the value of my van drastically which would be a good thing. But, would I be able to install a good enough system in the RV? The way prices have gone up and supply chain has complicated purchases, I'm hesitant.

[I paid Jim in Denver to design my system and I have had no trouble for three years!]

Jann

If Jim is still steadily installing systems at this time, ask him if there are problems with getting components or if they've gone sky high in price.

The roof on the B with vents,etc. up there may be a problem if you go for a new install.

If your Express is in good shape your going to get a premium price for it at this time. For the right person that system would be worth paying for. I wish I could afford it :)