expanding shower space

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K1ngN0thing

Reaction score
A wetroom would have been my preferred setup, but I practically stole a camper at $1600 and its bathroom looks like this:

It's a lot smaller than I realized and I want to expand it. My first thought is to move out the curtain rail a few inches so I have more arm room, but more floor space would help a lot. I might just rip out the sink and add some more floorspace that way. Does anyone here have experience with something like this? Would it be possible to replace this setup with a wetroom?

Maybe just a larger hoop up top for the curtain would give you upper body room. Small inexpensive mod.

A hoop/circular style curtain rod is probably the easiest, anything else would require a major remodeling job. You will probably need to make a modified shower curtain too, and figure out how to keep the bottom tucked in.

Awhile back I saw a camper/RV shower curtain rod that is straight when stowed and can bow outward to give more upper body room. I'll try to find it. I have a black plastic tub 2' X3'. Dad used it to wash his dogs. It'll be my 'wet bath' foundation.

I used lead fishing sinkers fastened to the bottom of the shower curtain to keep it in the shower pan. they are heavy and won't rust.
Bob

^hadn't thought of that, thanks! Lucky for me the cargo container on my camper had some fishing supplies!

I saw somewhere on the forum here( I think it was this forum haha) about these vertical curved slats that clip onto the curtain rod, and hold the curtain out in a barrel shape. They give you more room where you need it, Around the arms and torso. They had a link, but I can't find the post or what they are called.

Krenov72 said:
I saw somewhere on the forum here( I think it was this forum haha) about these vertical curved slats that clip onto the curtain rod, and hold the curtain out in a barrel shape. They give you more room where you need it, Around the arms and torso. They had a link, but I can't find the post or what they are called.

Curvit?

LeeRevell said:
Awhile back I saw a camper/RV shower curtain rod that is straight when stowed and can bow outward to give more upper body room.  I'll try to find it.  I have a black plastic tub 2' X3'.  Dad used it to wash his dogs.  It'll be my 'wet bath' foundation.

They are about 59 bucks. I just got one at camping world for my TT.