Ehrenberg Az

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sleep said:
I noticed when I saw some of the videos of the van build that people were right on top of each other. And I understand that was in part due to location, but it was a turn off to me. Bob's last couple of videos offered camping etiquette that I thought covered "boundaries" quite well, but maybe not everyone has seen those.  :s

I think the van build was both a party time and work time.  I read some things folks wrote about it and a few of them said since they weren't the party type they camped farther away.  LOTS of land out there to do what ever makes you comfortable.

Just had a car pull up and park beside me like we were in a parking lot.
Even before they got out of the car they were causing my motion detection lights to come on.
Sigh, they set up a tent on the other side of their car using my security light. Guess I have neighbors for the night...

One would think if your setting off someone's lights your too close.
Guess not.

That sucks, I usually back into a spot that has some bush sides and a nice wash behind it.

John61CT said:
Growing up the word hippy had nothing but positive connotations for me.
As an adult I've met some people for whom it seems to be disparaging.

As it was then too depending on who you ran with, people's viewpoints have various roots and reasons. Recently I've been told that I look like an old hippy, with my gray/white hair & beard, in a very complimentary way and also been told that I look like I just crawled out from under a bridge, with some reference to Aqualung, in a very disparaging way. Smiled each time and went away.

ldmccain said:
Guess not.
"Look darling, that nice man turned his lights on for us to help us pitch our tent, he must really want company!"

ldmccain said:

Reminds me of that time in Sturgis, when a buddy fired up the genset in his motorhome early one morning to run the microwave, next thing he heard all this screaming and yelling!

Someone, during the night, had set up their little nylon puptent right next to his generator exhaust pipe on the drivers side, my friend never even knew they were there....

Yep....I would say there should be an obvious perimeter around a campsite, but some people seem to be clueless.

Sooooo....where IS this tribe camped at Ehrenberg? I just got to Blythe and don’t know where to go from here. Help?

Latest posts