Ehrenberg 2016/17

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, RV refrigerators don't work below 20f? I had not heard this before,

That's what I understand Art, they freeze up. The work around is a light bulb in the back to keep it warm enough but I'd have to run to storage twice a day to turn it on and off. I saw a thermo cube the other day but it went on at 35*. It would never shut off right now. I use to install heat strips on compressor units to keep them warm enough too..

My wife, son and myself arrived today. Met a few people but we moved our rig and lost track of time. Hopefully we will meet more of you this week. We have the Ford transit and the Winnie teardrop. Feel free to say hello!

I saw you, but you were further out and I never assume anyone is with us unless they are close in. Stop by!

We meet Mon, Wed and Fri for coffee at 10:00 at the really nice Class C by me. We go for walks at 5:00 pm and gather to the south of me.

Guess if it gets that cold here I'll have to move everything toi the dorm fridge and turn the 3 way off, good thing it doesn't get that cold often here

I think we're neighbors cyeast. I've got the small fifth wheel with red truck. You probably see a hound dog out occasionally.

I've been here since Christmas Day. Met lots of great people.
Come by and say Hi. I'm in the Silver Prius.

Are the 5:00pm walks every day? I should get out and talk to people more, but I've been just getting in my own routine so far and doing my own thing..

Oopslala said:
I think we're neighbors cyeast.  I've got the small fifth wheel with red truck.  You probably see a hound dog out occasionally.

We are indeed! Haven't seen you out yet but will look for you. I'm inside the rv most of the early day pounding out work stuff during the week. Hope to get out more as time progresses. Unfortunately I am still working for a while from the road but much better than from an apartment or building!

I pulled in to Ehrenberg on Thursday 12:29, followed the directions and map, found the streamers, and located a tribe member Simply Lisa. Made camp for the night. Hope to get out and about tomorrow looking the area over and meeting others.

White 1992 GMC conversion van with ladder rack on top.

It has been a lot of years since I saw Lesa.  Tell her John says "Hey"

Attachments

• simply lesa.jpg
    simply lesa.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 33
Anynody know if you have to sign up for General Delivery in Ehrenburg or am I fine to head straight for camp and not worry about it? I only plan to have one package shipped there.

Nice set up Bob. Is that cell signal booster antenna permanent on the trailer? Thank you for all the information about living the RV life. You've literally convinced me to get off my butt and make a move. Gave my 30 day apartment notice today. I'm out February 1st. Whoo Hoo!

Deal Breaker said:
Nice set up Bob. Is that cell signal booster antenna permanent on the trailer? Thank you for all the information about living the RV life. You've literally convinced me to get off my butt and make a move. Gave my 30 day apartment notice today. I'm out February 1st. Whoo Hoo!

That's great, if you are like me, you will love it!! No, the cell antenna is on a mast that comes off to travel and is stowed inside.

minimotos95 said:
Anynody know if you have to sign up for General Delivery in Ehrenburg or am I fine to head straight for camp and not worry about it? I only plan to have one package shipped there.

No need to sign up

I'm floating around as well. Tiny molded fiberglass fifth wheel and darker grey Chevy pickup kind of tucked behind it.

Just made it, via different means than I intended due to the pup in tow. A literal red wagon and a tent, one of the closest camps to the frontage Rd. I'm not a very talkative person but feel free to swing by my tent. The pup is pooped just getting from the flying J to camp.

Latest posts