Ehrenberg 2016/17

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say hi to the tribe for me! Enjoy your stay...........

I forgot to add I am happy to meet people or say hello. My door faces away from the road but if my truck is here, I am somewhere. Anyone, especially fellow launching-newbies who don't know anyone either, are welcome. Glad to share a cup of tea or coffee.

Shoot I dont think my question posted...Is the RTR area pretty much all hard packed dirt or do I need to watch for sand? I have my ramps just in case. Im towing trailer.
Thanks
LilNomad

the nick name is Desert Pavement. there are sandy washes between the pavement areas but you should stay out of them anyway. highdesertranger

minimotos95 said:
Anybody at the Ehrenberg camp interested in selling me one roll of TP? I forgot I was almost out when I repacked.

We'all give you a roll. Will be back in camp in about 1.5 hours. We are the ford teansit with the Winnebago Travel Trailer.

My wife, son and I will be bringing some firewood from town tonight. Stop by for a campfire after Sunset and say hi. Bring a chair if you need to sit, we don't have etras and I don't have one at all lol.

Are the signs out for the event? I might come a day early.
Thanks

LilNomad - the Ehrenberg area where most are gathering is 20 miles from Quartzite.

Most of us will not be going east to Quartzite until at least Monday - there's a 14 day max camping restriction there and we don't want to wear out our welcome before the end of the RTR.

If you're coming in early, come on down the highway to Ehrenberg. Directions to find the majority of the group are in this thread.

Yes i saw the video to the location. There was a mention of signage or flag/markers just want to know if they are put so I can look for them.

Just want to say thank you to everyone that helped with the fire in the Van tonight. It was a module that is a part of our break controller system for our trailer. We will be going to Quartzite for a temporary fix tomorrow which will allow us to tow the trailer at a slow speed to the RTR location and the rest will be repaired sometime this week. I couldn't be more grateful for an experience like this and here is why:

My wife said "A year ago you would have flipped out over this. Now you handled it completely different...." While we are new to the tribe, I know that a big part of that difference in my character is the very fact that I am here and my family is here. 

Also, I remembered Bob saying in one of his videos "Oh the memories I've made." and eluding to the "bad" times that we remember. The hurdles we overcome...I figure this is only the first of many such things but in the end these are the things myself, my wife and son will look back on and smile. "Remember that time the van caught fire in the Desert" lol.

Anyways, thanks again and see you at the RTR!

Phew, glad no one was hurt from the fire. A learning experience for sure!

On a side note, I'm seeing that the sunsets here are just spectacular. Wow, what a special place. No wonder Bob likes it so much. : )

IMG_1637.JPGIMG_1636.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_1637.JPG
    IMG_1637.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    814.2 KB · Views: 11
Heading out this am should be there this afternoon..if someone sees me lookn lost guide me in.
LilNomad
White Suburban & 2 Door Airstream