Dogs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dogs can get kennel cough even after being vaccinated against it. It’s like wildfire in our local shelter despite vaccines. My dog got kernel cough from the shelter which turned to pneumonia and according to the vet was about two days from dying when I brought her in. Sometimes it doesn’t hurt to revaccinate even after being told it’s a lifetime vaccine. I’ve had to redo some of my own vaccines.

Yes the vet told me there are different strains and it could still be kennel cough picked up from the dog park even though she’s been vaccinated within the last six months for it. She’s on meds and still coughing a little. She never did cough a lot though.

I’d sure rather it be that then the dreaded Valley fever. I still have another week until I’m supposed to hear the results of her blood test.

Once I hear that And if it’s not Valley Fever then I’ll order and revaccinate. She sure loves going to the dog park and I feel bad I can’t take her until this gets settled.

our Papillion is named Bolt---we do love this little sucker!  My daughter says it is her brother LOL

he snuck into a pic of my new 'compact washer/spinner dryer' I just bought for my toyhauler
need to do laundry on the road, saves time and hate hate hate a laundromat :)

my metal detector is in the pic cause that is what I do on the road.  I am always the treasure hunter :)

but here is our little doggie, fighing against seizure he got later at age 9 and he is 10 now....hope he continues to rock on!

Attachments

• IMG_1123wd.jpg
    IMG_1123wd.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 14
Roamer that's called "photo bombing" LOL. cute little guy.

Please do a review of that washer, details please.

What Garret is that? what do you look for? come on you've been holding out on us.

highdesertranger

got the Kuppert. did against Pyle and Costway but size made the diff for me in that with a 26 lb capacity I can do small blankets and sheets and larger load on small water. And it works fab on my trial use at the house.
Can be set up for solar power use too.
Got room cause toyhauler we own has space easily for it.

Got Garrett AT Pro. Always detected with a Bounty Hunter back in the day but not good enough. AT Pro was 'affordable' enough vs what I really wanted LOL and it can go up to 10 ft under water so it suited my 'love of the beach' and how we roll on trips.

Not holding out HA, just what I do. Gearing now cause kid is 1.5 yrs away from college and once I get her settled, selling all the farm and land and more and total freedom is my way on the road.
oh and she takes the dog with her, I want no pets in my first years on the road cause damn, I have to 'accomodate' for that little sucker alot.....not in my near future when I travel for sure LOL

highdesertranger said:
What Garret is that? what do you look for? come on you've been holding out on us.

highdesertranger

She told me she was going to use the Garret to scan in and around your rig when you are at the store.

I swear

Damn Camm---you giving out the secrets quite easily but no scan for sure.

I will swing his area tho looking for what treasures he has buried around his site :)

yea, we are swingers!!

back to dogs

older pic but my kid with our muttley in the kayak.
water babies all of us LOL

pic is older but we are still all going strong on life and loving it and enjoying it with kayaking and more\

and darn, screwing up my postiings LOL

Attachments

• IMG_20160910_111304048.jpg
    IMG_20160910_111304048.jpg
    820.2 KB · Views: 13
Kayakking with dogs is a truly extraordinary feat. Must deserve a badge for the kayakker, or the dog: maybe both.
-crofter

thankfully he is so small so it makes it so much easier :)
Funny when we pull up together he jumps kayaks and rides with another LOL
Couldn't imagine doing it with a more big dog tho

79F87AEF-2E8F-4CF8-86F1-A6A7F6C7AD06.jpgHe's a good boy but it's been a commitment but I try to make his life as good as possible.  It will be 8 years next month.  Time....

Attachments

• 79F87AEF-2E8F-4CF8-86F1-A6A7F6C7AD06.jpg
    79F87AEF-2E8F-4CF8-86F1-A6A7F6C7AD06.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 8
Cutie pie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk