Dodge B-250 conversion in progress

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cargovanconversion

Reaction score
<p>I started the conversion of my van in Nov'2011 and hope to do the major work within a year.</p><p>You can watch my progress at cargovanconversion.com</p>

<span style="font-family: Georgia; color: rgb(102, 0, 0);">I really like the floors, and the close ups of parts on the frame re-work are really nice.</span><div><span style="font-family: Georgia; color: rgb(102, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Georgia; color: rgb(102, 0, 0);">Welcome to the forums,</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Georgia; color: rgb(102, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Georgia; color: rgb(102, 0, 0);">~SE</span></div>

<p>Thanks SheketEchad,</p><p>I'm trying to document the whole conversion; most people should be able to do this work, if they only knew what they are facing. A picture says it all.</p><p>Van.</p>

Your doing great. I like the rounded corner on the bed. Ive hit my shin on mine many times.

<p>maritimecamper,</p><p>although I knew that bending the cherry would be virtually impossible for the corner radius I was working with, I tried that first. After several attempts to glue together 6-7 thin layers of cherry in a wood form, which failed, of course, I finally used a bandsaw to cut the corners out of a solid piece of cherry.</p><p>Van.</p>

Very nice work...it looks like you have some cabinet building skills...you should name your van Woody when it's done...also, with the weight of that PP...I was curious why you did not use some sort of shelf mechanism so it would be easy to pull the PP in and out...you can get some low profile rollers that are in a small track that you can put on the floor and build a plywood shelf to sit your PP on and then do a nice return below the shelf to hid the rollers and put yourself a handle...I have seen these rollers used for a truck box full bed drawer for storing tools...you might even be able to make you own design using some hard wood and maybe EMT conduit and all thread....just a suggestion...I'm sure that PP will get pretty heavy when it is full of water and other foreign matter, LOL!<br><br>I will follow your build with great interest!<br><br>SB<br><br>

<p>old69vanner,</p><p>I did consider a pull-out shelf, but I had to deal with height restrictions with the bed. I did not want it to cover too much of the existing window. I already had too size down the toilet.</p><p>I did have a few inches to work with, and chose to do an extension shelf above the toilet. Easy to use as a bedside table, dinner table or laptop stand.</p><p>Thanks for your interest.</p><p><br></p><p>Van.</p>

<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">I look forward to watching the progress and learning more.</span><div><span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);"><br></span></div><div><span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">~SE</span></div>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;"><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial">Wow Van! &nbsp;I like how you "prettied" up the bed. The nice wood, wooden screw covers, rounded corners and the "fence", whatever it's called, around the top to hold the mattress in place. &nbsp;...Looks good!</font></span><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;"><br></span></font><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;"><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial">Katie</font></span></div></div>

<p>Sorry Katie,</p><p>don't want to sleep in a pretty bed; I'll call it handsome.... but thanks anyway.</p><p><br></p><p>Van.</p>

<font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">Well then, you finished it off quite "handsomely." &nbsp;</span></font><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">Katie</span></font></div>