Documentary Photography Project

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acwaits

Reaction score
<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"ï¼­ï¼³ 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"ï¼­ï¼³ 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:eek:ther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"ï¼­ï¼³ 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"ï¼­ï¼³ 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style> <p class="MsoNormal">Greetings!<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">&nbsp; </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p> <p class="MsoNormal">My name is Andrew Waits and I’m a photographer based in Seattle, WA. I’ve joined this forum because I am starting a long-term documentary project focusing on the community of individuals “boondocking” across North America.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">&nbsp; </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p> <p class="MsoNormal">My goal is to meet with as many individuals as possible and discuss with them their motivations for this particular lifestyle as well as photograph them with their vehicle.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>I want to hear your story because it’s important.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">&nbsp; </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p> <p class="MsoNormal">This site has been very informative in my research of the topic and I hope that this forum will allow me to connect with individuals interested in being a part of this project.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">&nbsp; </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p> <p class="MsoNormal">While I’m aware that the term “boondocking” is somewhat debated and more specifically meant to describe individuals staying in a remote location without hook-ups, I’m interested in focusing on the more general use of the term.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">&nbsp; </span>So, whether you’re a full-time or part-time boondocker/stealth parker in the wilderness or near the city, I’m interested in talking to you.</p> <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p> <p class="MsoNormal">I intend to embark on a trip across the country later this year, however, at this time I’m interested in meeting with people that are currently staying in the Pacific Northwest region (Washington, Oregon, and Idaho).<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">&nbsp; </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Please respond to this thread or shoot me and email ([email protected]) if you, or someone you know would like to participate.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">&nbsp; </span>Thank you for your time.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">&nbsp; </span>I look forward to hearing from you!</p> <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Sincerely,</p> <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Andrew Waits<span style="">&nbsp; <br></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><br><span style=""></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="mso-spacerun:yes">www.andrewwaits.com<br></span></p>

There will be a large gathering of vandwellers in Colorado next June called the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous. See details here:<br><br>http://cheaprvliving.com/Renezvous.html<br><br>We had 90 people at the winter RTR but this is the first summer Rendezvous so I don't know how many people to expect. But it should work very well for you. Bob<br><br>

Thanks for the info Bob.&nbsp; This sounds perfect!&nbsp; I'm going to put it on my calender for sure.&nbsp; <br><br>-Andrew<br><br>

Most fulltimers that arn't tied to a location by a job or whatever are probably in the Southern part of the country now.&nbsp; I'm in Southern California now, but will be in Oregon this summer.<br><br><br>

Thanks for responding.&nbsp; Yes, I kind of figured most would be in the Southern States at this time of year.&nbsp; Definitely don't blame them given the winters up here.&nbsp; I'd love to meet up with you this summer in Oregon if you're around though.&nbsp; Drop me a line or I'll try to contact you via the forum this summer.&nbsp; Thanks!<br><br>-Andrew<br><br>

I live in Ontario Canada, it is not too bad, you just need to do things a wee bit different is all.

Wow what a great documentary! And there are links provided to other blogs, which in turn provide links to employment, entertainment, etc.

Totally awesome and comprehensive job!!

See if you can get hold of a book called "Roll Your Own" by Jodi Palladini & Beverly Dubin. It got me started with this lifestyle near 30 yrs ago. ..Willy.

Hey Willy-I love " Roll Your Own"! We have a copy that we bought in the early 70s. It definitely supplied a lot of inspiration for us. I had borrowed a copy from our local library and was thrilled to find all of these people living on the road, something that I'd been dreaming about doing. Ken Kesey's Merry Pranksters were an inspiration too. :-D