Divin In

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyeaste

Reaction score
Hello,

I'll sum this up as quick as I can. About 2 years ago I saw Without Bound...since then I have bought and coverted a 2015 Ford Transit for my business trips to Chicago. Yep....I slept in my van in one week intervals every three months when I travelled to Chicago. I have a six year old son, my wife and my dog at home. My wife had a stroke and nearly died when she delivered our son. I have 4 other children, some are grown, a few are getting close. My wife and I are in our Mid fourties.

Over the last two years my wife became very curious about my van and my path to minimalism. Well....We bought a brand new Winnie Drop this weekend. Have sold or gotten rid of 90% of our stuff and are leaving FL on January 1st to the RTR. At that point our home will be the Van and the Winnie Drop...we will be homeschooling our son.

That's it in a nutshell. See you at the RTR! :)

-Chris

Welcome cyeaste to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. see you at RTR. highdesertranger

Welcome aboard to you and your family Chris !
Others would be disappointed if I didn't ask you to post some pics of that van build and the Winnie Drop ! (We have inquiring minds and maybe a smidge of rig envy!)

Images of the rig...Highlights of what I did to the Van:

Roof Vent - Maxx Air
Solar - 150 + 100 Watt Renogy Panels mounted with angle steel (painted) to Aluminum Roof Rack
3 92 Amp Hour AGM Batteries
1 300 Watt Cotek Inverter
Poop Bucket :))
Pee Bottle :))
Sink in the cabinet that holds the batteries, just drains into a 5 gallon bucket.
Mr. Buddy Heater
REI Sleeping bag
LaidBack Sleeping Pad
4" Foam on self build bed
Dometic CDF-18 Fridge (powered by solar)
Honda Eu1000i Generator.

(The bed is now removed as we will all sleep in the RV, and store most things in the space where the van bed was, the solar will remain on the van with an extension cord to the trailer). The Dometic in the van will stay for extra cold storage).

Attachments

• IMG_0054[1].JPG
    IMG_0054[1].JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0055[1].JPG
    IMG_0055[1].JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 50128849626__BE89AAB3-6405-4450-9709-94CFD97A26AE.JPG
    50128849626__BE89AAB3-6405-4450-9709-94CFD97A26AE.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 36
I'm so happy for you all! Avoid heart attacks and strokes by the minimalist life. Avoid politics too. Modern American life is a death trap - and most can't let it go. Also as an ecologist and systems analyst it is collapsing and those without an alternative are toast.
Happy trails!      M.

michaelc said:
I'm so happy for you all!

Thank you! Agreed ....The stresses, bad food, politics, consumerist ways, ridiculous court system...just about all of the "American Life"/Government/etc..is nothing but a quick path to death. After watching 4 kids brain washed into the system I refuse to watch another! The saddest part is the realization that I fell for it for so many years...but thanks to Bob and Company I've realized the downfalls in time to correct a lot of it.

Take Care,

-Chris

Latest posts