Disaster w/insulation

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, last word before nodding off. We're already beginning to call you Disco Van Girl. All the shiny little mirrors.

Qxxx said:
OK, last word before nodding off. We're already beginning to call you Disco Van Girl. All the shiny little mirrors.
Still love the ceiling insulation and treatment (one inch polyiso XPS covered with reflectix and a few wood ribs for good measure). 
-crofter

Here is a video about my fave insulation (polyISO XPS) used as a building material. I am planning to make some simple structures and go from there. I will be making a van two step and a couple flower boxes. Will be painted with primer. Is anyone else doing this?
-crofter

Description: lonk to youtube video, builds cabinet from XPS.

Description: link to hot wire foam factory site, supply catalog
https://hotwirefoamfactory.com/

One thing that attracts me to foam factory glues is that they are non toxic. Also a longer cure time than hot glue. Your project will not be "instant."

The 3M90 spray adhesive used in many insulation installations is very toxic and the spray can is labelled with a death warning. Fast cure time, your project is "instant" but VOC's may take time to outgass.

The hot glue had a very fast adhesion, and I had a few melt outs with the foam. Harder to work with larger pieces. Results were " instant."

I will let you know how the foam factory glues perform in my project.
-crofter

Hotwire Foam Factory took a while to get here, almost a month. Can't wait to get building with foam.
-crofter

Latest posts