Dipping my Toe in the Water / Gay

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BearFocus

Reaction score
Hi Everybody, just joined the forums to find out more info.  Been enjoying Bob's YouTube channel and all the videos of the community.  I'm a 53 year old gay man who's looking at what to do with the rest of my life and I love being outdoors.  I'm seriously thinking about this Nomad lifestyle and will be joining in and asking questions.  

Have always loved the outdoors and go camping as often as I can.  Active in my local Gay Camping groups here in SoCal.  I'm hoping to transition out of working for living and start living instead.  Gonna try to check out the RTR and meet some folks.  For now I'll be camping in my car and tent. 

Once I find out the proper place to post it I need some advice on a road trip to Arizona during the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend.  Would love to come check out Yuma and Organ Pipe Monument.  

Please forgive me if I ask dumb questions or post things in the wrong place I'm still figuring this out  :)

Welcome Bear to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hello BearFocus and welcome to the forum.

Rest assured there are no stupid questions here, and plenty of helpful people willing to share their experiences.

Safe travels,

~angie

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

If you'll be in Arizona, the Petrified Forest/Painted Desert is not to be missed. And if you like history stuff, the Pima Air and Space Museum is great, and I also liked the Titan II Missile Silo Museum.

Welcome to the forum. While I am sure that there are homophobic people on this forum, there are open minded people around too. I live in Phoenix, and my wife and I have gay friends, so we are among those who are accepting. I've traveled a lot in AZ and will try to help when I can.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I haven’t noticed ANY homophonic remarks on this forum at all and haven’t met any of those people while out camping either.

We are all figuring it all out, lol. Enjoy the ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from another gay person.
I don't have it figured out yet either.
I am figuring things out as the come and as I go along.
Feel free to ask questions there is lots of knowledgeable people out there.

Cammalu said:
I haven’t noticed ANY homophonic remarks on this forum at all and haven’t met any of those people while out camping either.

Well that's great, that you havent...  But the first thing I did was do a global search for "gay" and the very first result was some old guy complaining about how the liberals ruined the boy scouts by stopping them from ostracizing gays.  :)

Welcome Bearfocus,

We are a diverse group and what we have in common is mobile/nomadic lifestyle. 

I am gay too. I know there are many of us on the forum.

A lot of people live this way cause they just want to be left alone, not just gay people, so welcome!

Hiya Bear, from a big ol’ Lez.   :D  Not too many phobes here, mostly nice folks, welcome!

Hi, I'm jus a lil older than you and also gay.
I'll be at RTR for my first time in Jan 2019. Hope to meet up!
Feel free to PM me as well...
I've traveled all over alone and with other gay and trans folks. I jus did 2,500 miles thru Montana, Idaho and Nevada in my RV, with myself, a trans woman, a black woman and a long haired hippy dude, we definitely got some looks, but over all had people tripping over themselves to be nice and locals seemed to enjoy our lil diverse group.
A couple years ago I did over 3,000 miles with my partner, thru very rural USA... no problems.
Peace and stay safe!
Hollis

Welcome to the forum. Remember that WE are everywhere. I am out on the forum and have no issues with it in normal life. Generally I don't speak of it unless I know someone or it has a more direct impact if you get my drift. I also do not look the part and never get hassled for it, so I am lucky in that respect.

I look forward to meeting you at the RTR.