Dimensions, graphs? 6x12

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paisley777

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a converted 79 van which I hope to put some more miles on but from the beginning I've always wanted to have a separate camper and have long been leaning toward the cargo conversion idea.   Partly so that if I decide to get a newer vehicle or a pick up, I can just switch out.  

So, I'm in the looking, planning, daydreaming stage and wondering - does anyone have a graph, dimensions, chart, etc for a 6x12 or 7x12? 

I understand that there is variation between brands I imagine, but for planning purposes, for example - what is the width from the side door to the front corner? What is the width from the front corner to the point of the V? (for a v-nose obviously)

Thanks!

Hey that would be a useful 'sticky' thread.

If everyone who has a cargo trailer, listed the brand, the overall dimensions, then made some basic interior measurements, and then we'd have a small database to work from. 

Why didn't anyone think of this before?   :huh:

So I measured my 6x12 Carry-On brand trailer.

Mine has the ramp door at the rear, a curved nose (not V-nose), a 'barrel roof', and a 3 foot wide side access door.

The side walls are about 11 feet from the start of the front curve to the back. Interior wall height is about 72 inches to the start of the barrel roof. Interior width is about 69 inches with insulation and paneling. The distance from the side door opening to the start of the front curve is about 1 foot. 

Here is a rough drawing:

trailer.jpeg

Attachments

• trailer.jpeg
    trailer.jpeg
    20.2 KB