Diesel prices in Arizona

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I have seen as much as 1.50 cheaper in Arizona for both gas and diesel. I see a big difference if the stations are only a mile apart. so if you are coming from/through California try to make AZ before you fill up.

I asked my buddy how can those stations in CA stay in business if you can just cross the border and save a buck a gallon. he said because people on the interstate don't know. they think it's all the same price.

highdesertranger

I get about 18MPG with the Alaskan doing 60 or less up to 500 miles per fill up. I will fuel up around Bakersfield cheapest around the Bay area is $3.67

highdesertranger said:
I see a big difference if the stations are only a mile apart.

Stations by the off ramps usually have higher prices than the ones in town. And AZ and NV stations on the CA state line usually have higher prices than those farther away.

The biggest price difference I've seen is the station in Vidal Junction CA selling gas for almost two and a half bucks per gallon more than in Parker AZ 17 miles away.

I just filled up with Shell diesel for $2.87 an hour west of Deming on i-10, right across the access road they were charging $3.29. Plus, the regular gas was only $2.15. Enough to give you whiplash.

The Dire Wolfess

yeah I have seen a 2.50 difference on 395 between the station in Coleville, CA and the station in Topaz NV. highdesertranger

And gas in Beverly Hills is usually about $1.50 more per gallon than in neighboring Los Angeles.

Gasbuddy says there's a place in Texas(Buc-ees) where the gas is $1.49! That's prob gas though, not deisel.

Gasbuddy, gas guru, aaa triptik are all great at hunting down best fuel deals in real time.

MrNoodly said:
And gas in Beverly Hills is usually about $1.50 more per gallon than in neighboring Los Angeles.
Well yeah.....[emoji1787] (That struck me funny!!!)

The Dire Wolfess

hey if you are headed west in to California stop on the Arizona side to fill up I use a app for my phone gas buddy it works good and you can set the fuel type you need you can post on it the current price for others to see