Cash only at some National Parks

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen many sites that only accept credit cards. I think its a security thing to reduce the possibility of being robbed. When I visited quartzite, I was surprized that the long term camping only accepted cash?? I like using my credit card so I can track how much I spend on each of my trips.
The entry stations at Quartzsite LTVAs
are not connected to grid or wired into grid source internet connection lines. The cellular towers in the Quartzsite area get jammed up and extremely slow speeds with lots of timeout dropping is signals. That is why it is a cash only policy at those entry points as well as why there is a way to pay for a pass online.

People think there is going to be a one policy must fit all National Park or BLM or State Park situations. But that is not yet a possibility. Lack of reliable connections at remote locations such as campgrounds and parks is also one of the factors that is driving the reserve camping in advance via the internet or telephone situation. It will
Hopefully be a great many years before remote location camping is no longer remote 🙂