Did Tapatalk recently add the ability to...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

East

Reaction score
Did Tapatalk recently add the ability to swipe from the left edge of the screen to navigate back?

They recently updated their app for iOS and I swear this functionality wasn't present in the last version. Perhaps I'm wrong though? I was definitely surprised it wasn't a feature on the app when I tried it a while back.

It's a light weight (doesn't use much resources, longer battery life) forum browser for mobile devices. It has a clean interface and allows for theme changes like night mode, which is much easier on the eyes. If you go to more than one forum that is compatible with Tapatalk you can easily organize them and receive updates based on forums, users, quotes, topics you follow. For me night mode is much easier on my eyes and I go to a few forums so it keeps things organized nicely.

"Light-weight" is exactly right.  With a smartphone already severely limited in capabilities compared to a computer, it doesn't need to be limited even more.  I did try Tapatalk on two of my most used forums, and found it far too limiting, not allowing me to do some critical things that the smartphone itself could do.  Maybe just my particular way of using it, but it simply didn't work for me.
We each have different methodologies though, and it may work well for others.  Try it and see, if it doesn't do what you need then just uninstall it.

I use tapatalk on windows phone & really like it. Prefer it to the web actually.

East said:
Did Tapatalk recently add the ability to swipe from the left edge of the screen to navigate back?

They recently updated their app for iOS and I swear this functionality wasn't present in the last version. Perhaps I'm wrong though? I was definitely surprised it wasn't a feature on the app when I tried it a while back.

Just tried on iPhone5. Yep it works on ios9. Love me my ios9 jail broken.