Dentist

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longteam

Reaction score
Hello,
We are not full timers yet, but we are retired.  We live in Texas, and Matamoros, MX is our closest border town.  Has anyone been to a dentist there?  Need some work done pretty quickly, I have a cracked tooth.

Thanks so much,
Natalie

Longteam said:
Hello,
We are not full timers yet, but we are retired.  We live in Texas, and Matamoros, MX is our closest border town.  Has anyone been to a dentist there?  Need some work done pretty quickly, I have a cracked tooth.

Thanks so much,
Natalie

Best just get out the vice grips. All dentists are crooks. I went to one last year with a cracked tooth and asked him to pull it since I'd had nothing but trouble from expensive crowns and root canals. The dentist talked me into having him mount a crown on the tooth to 'hold it together'. I got the crown installed on a Friday. When I returned to the office to have the temporary crown removed, the nurse who worked on me didn't know that the temporary crown had been cemented with less than temporary cement because it had to be on over a long weekend (dentist works bankers' hours). The result of her wrenching the tooth was to snap one of the root branches. The dentist then had to use all kinds of heat and cutting to get the temporary crown off. Why didn't they just schedule me to come in after the long weekend so they could use the easy to remove soft cement? Probably didn't want to worry about me changing my mind and them losing income. So I'm out over a grand for the privileged of having my cracked tooth totally trashed by snapping the root. Now I can feel the tooth is infirm and it's days are numbered. As far as I'm concerned, when the hair barbers who decided to go into the tooth pulling business then try to make themselves respectable should have stuck to yanking teeth.
Dentists make a fantastic income and have a reputation for being the profession with the well deserved highest suicide rate of any other.

Ok then. I don't think AWLY's vise grips solution is practical in this scenario.  BTW, I think "vice grips" is an entirely different service provided in border towns!   :D

To answer your question, I see no CRVL references to Matomoros, although dental tourism into Mexico is a common theme here.

Latest posts