Dealing With a Family Emergency

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sephson

Reaction score
I've been out of touch for the last week or so.

Two weeks ago my truck (not my road tripper) ended up getting totaled in an accident when the brakes failed two weeks after another accident wiped out the right rear fender. I was not involved in either accident. An old friend has been borrowing the truck long term. It was the other driver's fault, but it turned out that his insurance had expired, so no insurance. Fortunately, I have uninsured motorist coverage, so insurance paid for most of the damage and my friend's minor injuries. Of course, dealing with the aftermath of these two accidents left me no time to work on my road trip setup in my Kia Soul.

Then my aunt died last Tuesday. I had to hit the road on very short notice in a vehicle that just wasn't ready for road tripping, so I ended up having to stay in hotels and motels rather than car camping until I got to my cousin's place in Tacoma, still cheaper than flying though. On the plus side I have a great employer. They approved the time off on five minutes notice with only a brief explanation of the situation. A portion of the insurance money from the wrecked truck paid for the trip. It was good seeing my cousins again and one of my sisters was able to make it out for the funeral. Things came together very quickly, but went well.

The last month has been one blow after another, after another, but in the end having the family get back together, even if only for a few days was the silver lining on the cloud that was my October.

I hope you get a break...sounds like you could use one.

Sorry to hear about your Oct.  Mine sucked too.

I often repeat to myself a line from "The Postman"   "It's            getting better. Better all the time."
                                                                                                  ^^^^^^^^
  Sometimes it works damn slow. ;)    I usually insert Gonna Be  along here.

Jewellann

October seems to be a bad month for a lot of folks...thank goodness it's past...sad when the only time a lot of families get together are for weddings or funerals... prayers for you and your family at the loss of your aunt...

Sorry to hear that it was such a tough month. Hopefully, November will be better!

sephson said:
 It was good seeing my cousins again and one of my sisters was able to make it out for the funeral...
having the family get back together...

Glad that ya got together with family. Family is all that matters in the end. Blood is thicker than water. Sorry about the loss of the aunt.

sephson said:
The last month has been one blow after another, after another, but in the end having the family get back together, even if only for a few days was the silver lining on the cloud that was my October.

Your outlook is inspiring. All the best to you.