Damn spiders

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelingZombies

Reaction score
I just got discharged from er at local hospital because my leg swelled up and currently waiting for prescription to be filled. After that back to camping where I originally was bitten.

Attachments

• 20210719_121105.jpg
    20210719_121105.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Ewww quite the reaction and sending healing vibes to you and hoping you get ok fast!

yea damn bugs, falls, cuts and more LOL older I get just a 'smaller thing like a bug or spider or small trip/fall' can send one to the ER LOL Glad you got help fast

Thanks for the well wishes. The doctors first prescription turns out I am allergic to but pharmacist at Freddy's caught it before fill script but doctor had me take one dose at hospital.
Good times

“I don’t like spiders and snakes, but that ain’t what it takes to love me. Like I wanna be loved by you”

Happened to me while camping in The Keys once...something bit me on top of my foot. Everytime I stepped down on that foot, the bite erupted like a volcano and stuff spurted out. I almost lost the foot....should have gone straight to the ER as you did instead of waiting it out.

Ugly but looks like you won the battle though. You guys are so graphic.

Yes I am having a tough year with bugs too. First the scorpion bites, then fire ants, now I am beset by something that itches and makes my eyelids swell way up, like I got punched but not. Looking for something to quell the itch & swelling and can use in the eye area.
-crofter

After I left pharmacy we went back to the exact same spot where I was bitten for an additional 3 days. Took picture of bite wound as of today but to gross to post

Here's to survival !! Glad you got the medical treatment that you needed. That foot does look so swollen in the photo - and you say it is worse now? I'm so sorry you're suffering!

TravelingZombies said:
After I left pharmacy we went back to the exact same spot where I was bitten for an additional 3 days. Took picture of bite wound as of today but to gross to post
Instead of anyibiotics you can also use 3% hydrogen peroxide to clean the wound out, open it up if closed over. Also tea tree oil soap is healing to skin wounds.

If you see a black line from the wound that is blood poisioning and go back to the ER.
-crofter

TravelingZombies said:

We can handle it....let's see it now

I was bitten just above the foot by a brown recluse a few years back.
Burned like someone had shoved a red hot nail under my skin.
Then the hole developed.

I used something to suck out the venom and it eventually healed on it's own.
But it does look a bit messy when that hole is there.

I'm currently at home base waiting for some vehicle repairs and taking the opportunity to elevate my leg which I'm not able to do sleeping in the truck.
I've been bit by A LOT of insects but this was the worst infection. Plus I was wearing shorts and ankle socks that day (only).
They gave me doxycycline which was the same as when I had a tick burrowed in my hip showing signs of Lyme disease.
Life is short, enjoy the journey.

No real thing as antivenom for spider bites... as you were likely informed.

The problem is always from infection of the wound and antibiotics as you found out is the treatment of choice.

I like spiders for the most part and currently have a black widow living in a rarely used bathroom. I check up on it to make sure it's eating. I could tell it hadn't ate for a few days and I caught it a moth.

She ate on that for 2 days!

Remember
Spiders rights are human rights!

PeterPiper said:
We can handle it....let's see it now

I was bitten just above the foot by a brown recluse a few years back.
Burned like someone had shoved a red hot nail under my skin.
Then the hole developed.

I used something to suck out the venom and it eventually healed on it's own.
But it does look a bit messy when that hole is there.
It's been 2 weeks since bitten on ankle, this is what it looks like today.

Attachments

• 20210731_192809.jpg
    20210731_192809.jpg
    831.5 KB · Views: 8
there are a lot of herbal remedies for bites wild plantain will remove bee stings other stings cerisus and other skin issues just make a salve or pulp out of it and apply within minutes if not sooner pain is gone. i try to always carry some with me it is also said mint plants specially spearmint and the like with strong aroma will deture bugs like flies skeeters spiders as they dont like the smell i been told lavendar will also do the same. the plants dont take much room can recycle water bottles drinking cans any small container with dirt or coffee grounds and they will grow like they are wild flowers lol cant hurt to give it a try and why not spice up your food with them as they are edible as well.

Looks like a vampire got you to me. Those two big fang holes are a dead give away and it IS getting close to Halloween.