Curious

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lady electric razor is what I love. I ain't fooling with no sharp razors anymore :) being older I don't have to watch it all like I did well younger so I go longer in between tidying up on shaving legs now. Elec. raozor works everywhere for me. Love it.

No. I liberated myself from the ridiculous and costly rituals of shaving, applying makeup, wearing a bra, and dying my hair.

"No. I liberated myself from the ridiculous and costly rituals of shaving, applying makeup, wearing a bra, and dying my hair."

Amen!

I haven't worn makeup in many years so that is a nonissue. Don't dye my hair either. I absolutely would not feel comfortable in public without a bra although I never wear one at home. The shaving I am not sure about. I have dark hair and pale skin so it shines like a diamond in a mud hole when I need to shave. Roamer, I feel silly but I never thought about an electric razor. I will just have to get out there and see what works for me :)

yea the electric razor works fab. Just turn it on and zip zip zip your legs and underarms in minutes :) does a good job, leaves ya a bit 'stubby feeling', not like a smooth razor shave, but I sure don't care one bit about that. Makes ya look good tho and that is all I care about....and fast. It is just a good little gadget to own when ya need it.

They are now selling home use laser products for permanent hair removal. You use it once a week for 4 weeks to permanently get rid of the hairs. If I still had the need to shave my legs I would have already bought one. The cost would be worth it for time savings and reduction of grooming chores. Just think no more shaving of body hair. No more eyebrow tweezers, etc.

If you need to do a major job of legs and other areas then the units are fairly pricey at around $300.00 from a reputable company. If you just need to do eyebrows, the upper lip and maybe a few chin hairs the price is pretty reasonable for a little pen sized unit.

keywords..... home laser hair removal

not just for women of course, guys can get rid of having to shave as well.

GraceinMotion said:
No. I liberated myself from the ridiculous and costly rituals of shaving, applying makeup, wearing a bra, and dying my hair.

This is me, too, 100%. (Although, for special occasions I have been known to put my bra on and even shave my legs.)

There have been special occasions that turned out to be not-so-special....and I thought, "For this I shaved my legs?!!!!"

I feel itchy and dirty if I don’t shave so I guess I’ll continue until I’m old enough for the hair to stop growing

I have never shaved my legs as I'm pretty blonde. My pits? Every couple of months, especially if I'm going sleeveless, I use one of those pen-shaped $10 battery powered shavers.

If someone doesn't like it, don't look at me. It's their hang-up, not mine.
Ted

can't remember the last time I wore a bra...40+ years I guess, have only dyed my hair once in my whole life and that was 20 years ago
haven't had to shave legs for over 10 years( since the car wreck back in 2009. Underarms is a whole other story...don't shave but I do take the scissors to them maybe once a month, get as close as I can...hey, I'm german/Italian so the European style is in my blood...

After my husband died, I wondered if there were no one to care whether my legs and underarms were shaved, did I still need to do it?

I decided that I did, it’s basic groooming for otherwise very hairy parts of my body.

I just use the same disposable razors I have used for decades.

I have a friend whose underarm and leg hair has disappeared in her 60’s, so she no longer needs to shave.

I want that. :)

I went for the simple bra situation, most of the contraptions are miserable to wear. I use a sports bra now. They are like tank tops in a way :) plus to me they are super comfortable. Just keeps the girls from swinging too much which I want. Any chance I get, I don't take off that sports bra and let everything swing wild cause even tho comfortable, come on, who ever likes any type of bra on ya :) well, I don't :) :)