Cricket Wireless

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blanch

Reaction score
I use Cricket Wireless.
It is a prepaid plan that uses AT&T towers. I have an unlimited plan for $60 a month. With autopay it drops to $55.

They are now allowing a hotspot feature on the unlimited plan. $10 a month to add the hotspot. 10gb of high speed data and then unlimited slower speeds.

Overall I have been very happy with Cricket, and with the added hotspot feature I am even happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Most prepaids do not allow you to hotspot a phone.
I will check into it, but I would have to buy a new phone as mine is Verizon compatible and AT&T uses a different system.

I’m also using Cricket wireless and enjoying the hotspot feature.

The real issue is will cricket roam nationwide? Am using VISIBLE which is equivalent to cricket, except with Verizon. Have noticed low priority and no service for certain areas of the country as I travel.

I travel the west only (Oregon, Washington, Nevada, California, Arizona) and my Cricket works well almost everywhere. I routinely use over 20gb a month with no slowing or issues.

Blanch said:
I travel the west only (Oregon, Washington, Nevada, California, Arizona) and my Cricket works well almost everywhere. I routinely use over 20gb a month with no slowing or issues.

Thanks Blanch, this is good info. I've been trying to figure out what to get as I travel that way....
I have MetroPCS right now, but since I've not seen anyone talk about it, I was already thinking I'd need to get a Verizon plan.
Crazy thing is Verizon doesn't work in my house.....
But on the road I'll definately need something reliable

My specific location where VISIBLE (aka Verizon low priority) does not work is ACADIA NATIONAL PARK and Bar harbor, ME. My wife’s identical iPhone on Verizon works fine. — just to confirm that roaming failure can happen with low priority unlimited data phone companies.

I had Cricket long before AT&T bought them. I had them for a year on the road before I got the Mobley and a while after too. I can confirm that there are places that Cricket does not work when Verizon does like the Grand Canyon. There are places that the Mobley works that Cricket does not Like areas of the Rockies or north of Flagstaff. That said it rarely disappointed me. On the plan I was on the speeds were capped at 8 Mbps which was more than fast enough. I had a 12 gig plan and after the 12 gigs the speeds dropped to usable for anything but video. It was extremely good to have in Mexico.

Know that some of the Cricket plans are even more limited in speed. That some phones do not support the hotspot feature. That you are not automatically throttled when there is congestion like Visible. I would be using mine still had I not found the Mobley.

Cricket does not support a hotspot on my S4, so I use PDAnet.