Cpap for tent dweller

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't use the humidifier. My Respironics is native 12v so it just requires a special, $30ish, cable. If you use a flex setting power consumption is lower than you might think. I used a 50 watt panel and a wally world marine battery. Do consider your other power needs. A 2 golf cart battery system and 100+ watts is a good system size.

I don't use the humidifier. My Respironics is native 12v so it just requires a special, $30ish, cable. If you use a flex setting power consumption is lower than you might think. I used a 50 watt panel and a wally world marine battery. Do consider your other power needs. A 2 golf cart battery system and 100+ watts is a good syste

Sounds like a tough situation. I need my Cpap too. My Cpap without humidifier runs all night on about 90 watt hours of battery capacity running D.C. 12v.

A few possibilities to consider
1. Go to REI and look at Goal Zero Yeti portable power supply. Has 12v and inverter built in. Comes in different capacities and has matching solar panels. A bit more $, but all designed to work together.
2. If you can buy a 12v adapter for your Cpap, look at some of the portable car jump starter batteries that have a 12v outlet. Would have to recharge daily by plugging into 110v service.

Stale thread but posting this here in case others run across this topic:

For off grid cpap use, you can buy a mini-cpap. They are portable, made for campers and travelers.

The Transcend mini-cpap can run on batteries, and they can sell you a car charger, and they even have a compatible solar panel.

None of it is cheap. I have no idea what your (or anyone's) situation is as far as being able to afford one or maybe have it covered with insurance. The basic unit is in the $500 range, with accessories taking the price up from there.

And it won't work if you use a bipap.

https://www.minicpap.com/

I don't use a cpap but this thread got me to do some searching out of curiosity. Whilst deep down the rabbit hole I found some interesting stuff. Wish I was a whiz at posting links but I'm not, but all is easily googleable.

------google 'airing cpap'. Apparently there may very soon be a new device on the market that is battery driven and perfect for vandwellers.

------google 'Dr. Eric Berg sleep apnea' and watch his YouTube video. Apparently there are things other than being overweight that can cause sleep apnea such as allergies, food sensitivities, stuff like that.

All interesting. I was on my way to being a cpapper but lost a bunch of weight and all was good again.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk