Cottonwood AZ

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jimindenver said:
I am heading that way tomorrow.

I think I'm in a good spot after all. Easy in 'n out. Room for a couple more. Slight slope. At the intersection of forest roads 525c and 9532. On the way to Sycamore Pass.  Silver Promaster NY plates. Steve

Steve

I'm here and took the first left off of 525 in a tiny clearing for the night. Tomorrow I will find out if I am heading towards Utah or staying a bit. I didn't unhitch as I just wanted to level up the trailer, unbox my Engel and get something to eat. I might head your way even if I am pulling out just to say hi.

How long are you all staying? 

I'm back down from BC now and in the Phoenix area, so Ctnwd is about 1.5-2 hrs away.  While I'm not "dwellin", perhaps I could come up.  Unless I'm working around the condo.
TWIH

jimindenver said:
Steve

I'm here and took the first left off of 525 in a tiny clearing for the night. Tomorrow I will find out if I am heading towards Utah or staying a bit. I didn't unhitch as I just wanted to level up the trailer, unbox my Engel and get something to eat. I might head your way even if I am pulling out just to say hi.
Hi Jim, 
It's very beautiful back up here.  The 'Sedona' scenery really opens up.   Even better further up from me.  I need to get water at some point tomorrow.   And may end up in another spot when I return.   Maybe see you tomorrow. 
Steve

Steve

I need to run back into town too. I took Max out this morning and watched the dawn patrol. I am parked across the path from a RC airfield. I figure out where you are and might be able to get there early. Coffee first. :)

Allen,
I'll be around till the 3rd or 4th. Then back around the 15th. Will also go to Flagstaff then. Right now the weather here is perfect!
Steve

Steve

I tried finding you but no luck so far. Cant find 9532. I am stopped just below 525 and 525c.

Maybe we can get together later.

just a little hint. sometimes they drop the 1st digit when the number roads. so Jim you might need to look for 532. you might be close if you are around 525. this really pisses me about the Forest Service and BLM. they go around and number the roads, then sell you a map, then a couple of years later they change the numbers sometimes without any regard for the previous numbers. this essentially make the old maps useless. then you need to buy another updated map. highdesertranger

I'm aways on 525c. 9532 is just a side road intersection where I'm parked. Any way I'm heading into Sedona around 2:30pm. I'll let you know where I end up on my return. Grass is always greener.

Right now I am at the bottom of 9552 and I mean the bottom too. It's very isolated and the kind of spot I had the axles on the trailer flipped for. Wonderful views, extremely quiet, great cell signal and I didn't have to unhitch the trailer for it to be level.

Good for you. Feel free to stop by.
Looks like some wind weather coming tomorrow afternoon.

UPDATE. .
I'm back in Coconino NF just south of Sedona where dispersed camping is alowed. Weather is perfect, the views spectacular. Good spots available further in. I'm about 2-3 miles from the end of 525c.

Awww shucks. I just moved over to Prescott to meet up with Irene of Irenesvanadventures yesterday. The spot on 549 just off of 525c was beautiful with views, internet and quiet for the most part. There is a pile of nice dry/ split wood there if you fancy a fire.

Thanks Jim. Sorry I missed you. I'm on my 3rd site so far. I've been lucky. Seems everytime I have to go somewhere with my van I have to break camp. Drag! Coming week looking forward to some classic Sedona hikes. And more convenient spots to Route 89A for sleeping.

Just got setup here in Cottonwood area. Going from 90-95ish to 79 as a high here is absolutely fabulous! A week or two here then going to head into Colorado for a week or so on the way back to Iowa.

The weather here is breathing a fresh note into this hot, weary spirit.