Cooling the air

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which would be better

• Cooler

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Fan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
mayble said:
Do you have good, working dash AC?
If so, a remote thermometer and a remote starter might be worth looking into.   If you park close to your workspace, an inexpensive "indoor/outdoor" thermometer would let you keep tabs on the van temp and you could use your remote starter to fire it up and run the ac as needed.  
I recently bought a remote start/security system for my Grand Caravan that has a two way remote with a one mile range and hot/cold auto start feature.  I can check the van temp with the push of a button, or set it to automatically start the vehicle at preset temps.  It was kinda pricey and I haven't had a chance to really put it to the test yet. 
https://www.compustar.com/product/prime-9000/ 
A remote thermometer and a simple remote starter should work just as well at shorter distances.

A word of warning, there are many locations where is is illegal to idle you vehicle unattended.

VJG1977 said:
A word of warning, there are many locations where is is illegal to idle you vehicle unattended.

It's as illegal as van-dwelling, I imagine.  Even where it is prohibited, fifteen minutes of idling isn't likely to attract attention.