Coolest convert-a-bed yet...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 423

Reaction score
I don't have a conversion to share yet but I'm gathering ideas and this is one of the best space-saving bed ideas I've ever seen.&nbsp; I've borrowed these pics from the Westfalia site featuring a Sprinter van conversion (that's probably about $80,000 or more). It would take quite a bit of fabricating to duplicate this but it sure would be worth it!<br><br>(I haven't looked through the Sportsmobile site much, so they may have something similar):<br><br>
aa.jpg
<br>
aab.jpg
<br>
ab.jpg
<br>
b.jpg
<br>
c.jpg
<br>
d.jpg
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

That is sweet but not new...The old Cortez motorhomes had a very similar arrangement...first I ever noticed like that.<br><br>Bri <br>

<p><b><font size="1">
what are you getting to convert .... :)
</font></b></p><p>A gutted, older Class-C or a 1-ton extended cargo van with a high-top. <br></p><p>
That is sweet but not new...The old Cortez motorhomes had a very similar arrangement...first I ever noticed like that.<br><br>Bri
</p><p>Yeah, I've checked on googl images,etc and i've seen some pics of old Cortez mh's with something similar but not good enough to see the whole setup. <br></p>

The ones you posted are infinitely better but it is interesting that Cortez...or Clark Forklift if I am not mistaken...maybe Clark only provided the engines or transaxles....was using a similar bed conversion<br>Bri<br><br>

Immpressive.&nbsp; I'd prefer to leave a bed made up.&nbsp; But this is nice in that you free up so much space farther aft.<br>

I'd prefer to leave a bed made up.&nbsp; But this is nice in that you free up so much space farther aft.
<br><br>Yeah, actually this kind of setup would have some negatives. With a gaucho bed behind the driver's seat in a van, I always liked the fact that if necessary I could hop up and move off fairly quickly if I ever needed to. This setup is more for those traveling with 3+ people, with the extra dinette seating. <br>

<font size="3"><font face="Courier">With the amount that I move around in my sleep I would probably hit the horn... Other than that, I love it! </font></font><br>