Converting a Sunline Que To Find My Home

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, this man on a different forum has taught me so much about leaks. I went from knowing nothing to an intermediate level of knowledge in just one week with his help. It's also a very picture-heavy thread for those who are visual. I'm putting it here in case anybody can learn from it. This guy takes the time to write very detailed and customized responses:

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f71/water-in-front-left-basement-17596.html

I just got back home to Washington yesterday after swinging through MO for some help with setting up the solar system. GotSmart helped me set up a 300 W system. We ended up only being able to put one panel on the roof because the roof board was rotted out in all the other spots and I didn't trust it to hold the panels. So we made a distribution box that sends the energy from the roof panel and two panels from a modified extension cord to the controller. The roof panel comes in through the removed TV satellite hole:

2pqnar8.jpg

Here is a close up of the controller, controller monitor, and inverter monitor. The inverter is in the cargo space below:

2vc9fy9.jpg

My only power needs are a MaxxFan, lights, and phone charging. 100 is probably ample but it's nice to know I have three times that if needed. I was in a real time crunch getting this all together and greatly appreciate GetSmart's help. I still need to set up the trailer for actual living but the transition has begun. I'm now officially living in a trailer. Thanks for everybody's advice so far.