converting a school bus

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2337bigdaddy

Reaction score
     Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I love it so far. I would like to ask for some ideas on my school bus/RV conversion. I'm planing on living in it full time, and want to be 100% self contained with the ability to hookup to shore power. I've already got a 95gal fresh water tank, 40gal black, 56gal gray. I'm planing on putting 6 95watt solar panels on the roof. Any other must have's would be appreciated . Oh there will be 3 people living in it.

Thanks, I'll take a look at them. I've bought a 34' motorhome to strip of all the good stuff. the in side looks like new with lots of updates. So I'm hoping to sell the 454/th400 for what i gave for the rv.

What Year is this 454&nbsp;&amp; Trans-?and in what state-?--i have a 84 MH that needs the same.<br>sparky1 in southern Va.<br>

Depending on where you are and where you plan to travel, I would give thought to a small wood/cookstove. I'm a snowbird but I always end up spending some time in cold weather.&nbsp; I would also give thought to building a covered back porch off the back end (unless you have a diesel pusher) or a roof top deck. School buses are so tough and hell-for-strong you can really let your imagination run wild! Bob<br>

Sparky1, I think its a 84. Its a Pace Arrow. I live in IN. &nbsp;<div>&nbsp; Bob, I've got a small 8' X 10' cargo trailer for storage or i thought about selling it and getting a 16' to put my s10 in and storage. My plan was to go with a wall mount vent free gas heater. There small and don't use any power and there easy on gas. I plan on going where ever the mood takes me, bet i love it out west.</div>

For more help and ideas, I knew a guy that was a forum moderator about converting buses into livable rv's... They go by the handle of "Schoolies"... ya may look that up and see what ya find...<br>

Hi BigDaddy, welcome . I doubt my thread will help much, mine is essentially the same as yours, just scaled down.
https://vanlivingforum.com/post/Finnally-some-pics-of-the-bus-Buford-5870586
Then there is Bri, Bk2valve, who has a segment written about him in the main website
http://cheaprvliving.com/ConvertedSchoolBus.html
And though I have never visited it, I hear there is a great site called "skoolies" ( but I hear not so good stuff about the site owner, kinda tyrannical ) that specializes in exactly what you propose.
Hope that helps!

Thanks Les H, I'll look into that site. If it was just me I would consider a box van, but it will be me,my wife,and step-daughter. I like&nbsp;building things and what better way to get what i want then to build it myself.