Condensation Between Back Window and Poster Board

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pseudo_mccoy

Reaction score
IMG_20141029_124801_2.jpg
I guess this is insulation related. Any thoughts on how to avoid this? Would this happen with, say, black painted reflectix?

Attachments

• IMG_20141029_124801_2.jpg
    IMG_20141029_124801_2.jpg
    697.9 KB · Views: 39
1c0301e2e9ccbb782815dd04ba366969.jpg

Fitted like that, between the glass and metal.
Just about two hours ago I did a second layer, this time over the metal and secured with Velcro. I tried tape magnet first but it was just a waste of money.
e140d9c95cf4ca2da760947970e30544.jpg

Like that.

: D I've read more than a few posts (shout out to willy!) patiently explaining how to use reflectix correctly, ie. with the allusive 5/8th inch air gap (or whatever it is, i forget). Back when I was researching/lurking without an account, I couldn't see any posted photos and ended up doing it wrong mylself : /

I think this is the first time I actually saw the shiny stuff done right. Props.

And great job on the build! I always enjoy dropping in on your mega thread.

pseudo_mccoy said:
: D I've read more than a few posts (shout out to willy!) patiently explaining how to use reflectix correctly, ie. with the allusive 5/8th inch air gap (or whatever it is, i forget). Back when I was researching/lurking without an account, I couldn't see any posted photos and ended up doing it wrong mylself : /

I think this is the first time I actually saw the shiny stuff done right. Props.

And great job on the build! I always enjoy dropping in on your mega thread.

I'm assuming that you're referring to my 2014 Chevy Express 2500 van build? : ) I think that's the first time someone has said the word "mega" referring to my thread : )
I'm quit shocked that this has attracted so many visitors/views over the months I've been building it. I thought it would stop at one thousand or so, but I was wrong.
Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Yup. Now it's nearly at 20,000 views. You should pivot all that great info into a book!

(Give me a holler if you need an editor)

pseudo_mccoy said:
Yup. Now it's nearly at 20,000 views. You should pivot all that great info into a book!

(Give me a holler if you need an editor)

Thanks! You just made my day! : )

Nice and neat Luis. Your thread and pics are wonderful:)Jan