Compressed air weapons legal for all?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember the days before the safety devices on the nail guns and staplers. yes there would be little shooting wars now and again but no one ever got hurt. but we are so much safer now. really are we? highdesertranger

my mom and aunt owned a pallet company, all my rowdy cousins worked there(all construction guys). a little duct tape and it was nails flying all around every day. crazy but thats how they are and somehow no one got killed. i honestly dont know how lol
i could definitely seeing using one as a weapon if you had to, and happen to have the compressor hooked up and running?
or do they make cartridge models too?

There are CO2 air guns using the small 12gram CO2 cartridges, some using a larger 80gram cartridge, and the fixed CO2 tank. Others use a refillable air tank (PCP, or Pre Charged Pnuematic) that is filled via compressor or scuba tank.
Calibers run from the common .177 and .22 on up through 9mm and .357, on up to .50 caliber. Velocities allow them to take down deer-size game. Definitely dangerous weapons, but somewhat cumbersome and slow to load. Some are magazine-fed, allowing several shots before reloading. Effective range remains well below that of 'powder-burners' though. Costs are extreme for the true hunting grade air weapons.