Cheapest way to have a phone number?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you simply wanting a phone number, or you want a device that can make phone calls, or both?&nbsp; If only a phone number, I agree with others about a Google Voice number, it's free.<br><br>If you want&nbsp;a phone to make calls, etc, it's hard to beat MetroPCS for its phone prices and its $60 monthly everything plan. However, MetroPCS may not have the coverage for your area though.

Here from the Mid-Atlantic to the North East, I use Net10 for calls, texts.&nbsp; &nbsp;Virgin Mobile Overdrive Pro994 for internet. &nbsp; Both cost me $55 each for unlimited.&nbsp; So $110 a month.&nbsp; Since it is my only utility bill, I find it cheap.&nbsp; One phone call, one text or one email pays the bill for the month with my rolling business. <br><br>If I didn't want to have the unlimited plans, I could neck it down to about $40 a month for both.&nbsp; $25 for the phone and $15 for the wifi.&nbsp;

If it's a cell phone you want....for emergencies (mostly) , the cheapest I've found is a pre-paid TMobile account. I use their ALC 665 phone and it was $173 out the door for the phone and 1000 minutes. You should buy the 1000 minutes ($100)&nbsp; initially as that puts you in the "Gold Rewards Program". Thereafter all you minutes purchased will not expire for a full year and you get an extra 15% more minutes each time you buy minutes.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; So...first year costs you $14.42 and you then just add minutes as you need them.<br>KinA

Well its an old thread but since others replied, I will too. I just heard an advertisement from Metro pcs a day or 2 ago. You can get a 4g enabled phone for $25 and your monthly bill for unlimited everything (including internet) is only $25 per month. Since the phone is 4g, you can also call/text/surf over wi-fi.

Latest posts