Changed campers, joined forum to learn, share

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tassie

Reaction score
Since 2001 I have lived in a camper and enjoyed camper life for the most part.  I have traveled by myself with my dogs on all trips.  For the last year I have been unsettled in body and soul. After an illness that almost took my life, I moved in with my daughter. All was good but the wander bug hit again. I found a used camper that had really BAD floors, leaked, and was not comfortable.  I practically gave it away a couple of months ago, moved in with my son.  I was blessed to have found a 1996 Damon which I shall be picking up asap, loading up, and heading to Arizona from Texas. As many others, I watch YouTube extensively and have learned so very much.  Now, I am expanding by joining the forum here, looking forward to meeting and greeting others of like mind. We are among the truly blessed, as we know the real meaning of life...THE FREEDOM OF BODY AND SOUL.

Welcome Tassie to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Thank you for the welcome HighDesertStranger. I am looking forward to listening, learning, contributing.

Hi Tassie. Right now, it's still very hot in AZ, so people are scattered all over. They'll be converging as fall turns into December. You can boondock or stay in the LTVAs (long term visitor areas) for $180 for the entire winter, which is a really good deal. You can go to the RTR in january and or join up with the CRVL caravans for the entire winter. 

If you get to the Quartzsite area in November, you can check out the van build which is held in nearby Parker. A lot of people come just to see what others are doing, and also meet people with similar interests. I know people who went to the van build, and met up with a group that they traveled with all winter after that. jamie just made an announcement, and is forced to charge for the event.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_W_E5SFCxwpSOaqMjOOBTg/videos