censorship

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigskybob

Reaction score
Being a free and independent person,I can't abide the ridiculous level of censorship here.Goodbye

Ahhh, the dramatic "I'm leaving now !!!!" scene.......

Censorship? I've never experienced it at all. What I have noticed is that the moderators do try to keep what ever topic was posted on topic as they should. Posts get moved to the correct topic if they were not posted correctly in the first place. I saw one thread get renamed and then deleted but it was restored later with explanation. All in all it seems to be a decent place to post and learn. See ya bob, I hope you find what you are looking for.

it's simple don't get political, don't get religious, don't cause trouble by picking fights and have respect for other members. 90% of all deletions fall into those categories. highdesertranger

Anyone is free to start their own website and discussion forum.

This is a private "place", we are just guests.

Gee, I have never seen you post anything that should have been censored. I guess it was deleted before I got the chance to read it.

I hate to sound like a lawyer, but the censorship that the 1st Amendment protects us from is GOVERNMENT censorship. The private sector has the right to restrict however it wants.  

So, when a private website wants to delete comments or restrict them, that is perfectly within their Constitutional right. 

God Bless America!  

(I hope I didn't just get censored for mentioning God! )
aaaaaaahahahahahah

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]"Being a free and independent person,I can't abide the ridiculous level of censorship here.Goodbye"[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Darn, I missed it, musta' have been when I went out to get the popcorn. [/font]

A different forum I’m on only has 1 rule, Don’t be a dick. Kinda says it all, we all play well and rarely does anyone get offended.

Linedog said:
A different forum I’m on only has 1 rule, Don’t be a dick. Kinda says it all, we all play well and rarely does anyone get offended.

This offends me.
;)

Linedog said:

So...do politics or religion get discussed much?

No politics or religion ever, it’s a scuba forum, just talk about breathing underwater.

P.S. Sorry Lenny.

Linedog said:
No politics or religion ever, it’s a scuba forum, just talk about breathing underwater.

I'm guessing that being able to breathe isn't affected much by local or national politics? Not being able to breathe in a crisis situation would get anyone to start praying though.

Linedog said:

P.S. Sorry Lenny.

Hey, I'd fit right in, sorta. Although I have never scuba dived in my life, I used to work for Sea Vision USA assembling scuba masks. So if anyone out there bought a Sea Vision mask about five years ago, I'd be the guy who made it.  ;)

(We also made all the masks for the Coast Guard rescue divers.)

this forum? over-moderated? whhhhaaattttt?