Carla's Camper

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 22017

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share pics of the travel trailer I bought. It's a 2004 Coachmen 24' bunkhouse. Actually, I'm not sure of the length. Most 24' trailers don't have separate bedrooms but this does. Plus the bunks.

Attachments

• cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 2
  • cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 2
  • cam5.jpg
    cam5.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1
  • cam6.jpg
    cam6.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1
Looks Great Congrats! I'd recommend a load equalizing hitch, Harbor Freight shows $219.
-10% if you're a club member & I get a 25% off coupon I could forward. Makes a big difference going over RR tracks or going in & out of some gas stations.

HAUL-MASTER10,000 lb. Capacity Weight-Distributing Hitch​

Looks Great Congrats! I'd recommend a load equalizing hitch, Harbor Freight shows $219.
-10% if you're a club member & I get a 25% off coupon I could forward. Makes a big difference going over RR tracks or going in & out of some gas stations.

HAUL-MASTER10,000 lb. Capacity Weight-Distributing Hitch​

Thanks gr8ful,

Do I have my mechanic put on the WD Hitch and sway bar? Or, the local RV Repair shop (or RV Dealership)?

What size receiver hitch should I get? U-Haul installs them. My trailer says no more than 5400 pounds on both axles (on a paper glued inside a cabinet [posted below])

Attachments

• numbers.PNG
    numbers.PNG
    287.7 KB · Views: 0
Pure luxury!
I know, lol. And I forgot to mention they added 4" thick memory foam to every mattress (even the bunks). And an electric jack. And it has a decent size TV mounted on the bedroom wall with a crank to spin the rooftop antenna. Oh, and on demand hot water.

The guy who sold it to me removed a lock from the hitch (area), but I am not sure what he locked. He said it was to make it harder to steal the trailer. Do you know if most people add locks to their trailers?

Thanks gr8ful,

Do I have my mechanic put on the WD Hitch and sway bar? Or, the local RV Repair shop (or RV Dealership)?

What size receiver hitch should I get? U-Haul installs them. My trailer says no more than 5400 pounds on both axles (on a paper glued inside a cabinet [posted below])

Does the tow vehicle have the reciever hitch? Should take a 2" slide in hitch. Check several hitch shops as installed prices vary alot. The WD Hitch anyone handy can install. Look on top of the trailer tongue, it should be 2" but could be 2-3/8"

Does the tow vehicle have the reciever hitch? Should take a 2" slide in hitch. Check several hitch shops as installed prices vary alot. The WD Hitch anyone handy can install. Look on top of the trailer tongue, it should be 2" but could be 2-3/8"
No, my truck doesn't have a receiver hitch. It has a ball hitch. This truck was used to tow a fifth wheel by the previous owners.

I called U-Haul and the guy recommended a Class 2 hitch... good to tow up to 7500 pounds. If I need a plug for trailer lights it will cost about $400 installed. Without the plug, $200.

There is a plug on my truck but it is inside the bed close to the truck cab. I guess because of the fifth wheel.

I'd get a standard Class-3 receiver like we all use. It's a 2" receiver and not a 1-1/4"

Don't believe everything you hear and read online.

Last edited: