Caravan Stow and Go seat removal??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Find the video that put all the solar controllers and the batteries in this space

Sparrow said:
Howdy! I'm just getting started here at the CRVL forums so I hope I'm posting this question in the right area : ) 

I have a 2006 Doge Caravan with Stow and Go seating. Before I begin the process of turning this into a camper van I would like to remove the back seat as well as one of the middle seats. Is this advisable? 

The advantage to taking the seats out is the additional storage it would provide, as well as to lighten my load. I've scoured Youtube but came up empty...If there is anyone out here who knows anything about how to do this and could share that would be really helpful!! Thank you 

I've been researching vehicles for a while now and have been thinking a stow and go is the way to go. However, I never thought about removing the seats. Why wouldn't you just store them in the vehicle? Don't they fold down nice and flat? That would have been my plan, but now you've got me wondering about the extra weight and how much removing the seats would save on fuel. Will follow this thread with interest. Thanks for your input.

If you know you won't be using them, you're losing massive storage space, the most precious commodity living out of a tiny minivan.

Plus the MPG savings, longer suspension life, or more likely extra weight carrying capacity for water, propane, batteries and solar panels.