car insurance

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dronny

Reaction score
this is one that I couldn't find on the thread search.. I'm going to be looking to build my own stealth camper by summer and I'm interested in whether anyone has had any issues with insuring their self made home on wheels, what those issues were, and how/if they got sorted out. also more specifically if anyone experienced a drastic difference between a passenger vehicle or cargo/commercial vehicles insurance.

What kind of vehicle will you be starting with?

I was going to go for a big ol' Jimmy, or an astro of some kind, either a passenger or a cargo.

Insurance on an older van with liability is cheap.

Just that whatever cool, vandwelling stuff you add onto it, won't be covered, at all. Even with full coverage, nothing that's not stock will be covered. Some policies have provision to cover nice stereo or nice rims up to a certain $$ amount, but you do pay extra for it every month.

If the van gets wrecked, they pay you what the book value for your year, make and mileage only.....that is if you have Collision & Comprehensive coverages (Full Coverage) or if it's the other guy's fault.

Latest posts