Car, Car.... Truck?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tx2sturgis said:
The OP is an adult and can make adult decisions. 

Just like we do hauling trailers with motorcycles, which is quite risky. But we do it anyway.

Yes, we know the Honda Fit is not really a good 'fit' for hauling a trailer. But it might pull a small motorcycle pop-up or teardrop trailer just fine. Especially with a good dose of common sense

Thanks. Right, it isn't MY first choice, but if it's what gets my BF motivated to get us out on some little trips, I'll deal. I want to save up and get a decent towing vehicle, but whatever. We're pretty sensible people. I really appreciate the suggestions here.

I have a 2010 Toyota Yaris 5 spd manual hatchback. In the US the towing cap is "0". In the owners manual it is rated to tow 700# in Canada. In the United Kingdom it is rated to tow 2315# (1050 kg). These cars are all the same except for the right hand drive. As someone stated this has more to do with liability and the insurance companies (ok, add the lawyers in to the mix too). Would I attempt to tow 2300# with my car? No. Hope this helps, Bill C

I love my roomy van, but I do not tow anything with it. Someday I hope to tow a boat with it. 

I have fulltimed in a pickup with topper. I was so glad when I got the van. Can' t imagine using anything tiny, but tent campers do it all the time. Most do not tow anything, but have micro sized gear instead. Everything is very lightweight.  If you try camping outings with what you have, you will know if you like the tent camping or if you want a home on wheels.  -crofter