Candles during vanlife?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have probably gotten the answers you need for this. But to answer your question, you don’t need to worry about damaging your van interiors and ceiling. Trust me, I’ve been cooking and even lighting candles I got from this tapered candles shop online on my van for a year and nothing has happened or got damaged along the way. You just have to be careful not to let the candle drip on the leather seats as this may burn the area.

not sure if I responded before since thread is older but heck buy a 'battery candle' and light that.

I mean why have fire and smoke toxins in there to 'what? flicker' when just that atmosphere of candlight can easily be produced. and for me personally, I hate 'scented' candles to the max and even unscented regular old candles stink to me, but that is me LOL

or get a small string of 'fairy lights' that blink or more for 'some atmosphere' you could enjoy.

Can ya guess I AM not a candle person

I love scented candles....i usually get soy or beeswax....but if i was a van dweller i would be more concerned about safety, and use MAINLY battery powered....Costco has some really nice ones...they flicker like a real candle too...i bought a bunch of them and use them all the time in my S & B   .     I am planning on taking them with me when i get outa here........

I like the scented candles from walmart that were a tall glass with a lid any soot would show at the top of the candle.
I splurged on a highly polished bar sink in my cargo trailer that would reflect the light when I put the candle in there.
it was really bright and I liked that the smell would mask other smells like the portable toilet and dog.
also most of my camping was in the summer so I ran a AC all the time.

Having burned down a house and killed my dog (smoke inhalation) with a single candle I’ll pass. I blow them out or leave when other people use them. I’m no longer a fan of open flame. I’m extremely careful now about fire. It’s goes unbelievably fast and most people die of smoke inhalation. And all that b.s. about wetting your shirt over your mouth and crawling on the floor. Good luck. As I said in minutes you have an inferno. A 1600+ sq ft house burning down in 15 minutes.

And if you survive you have a good chance of getting lung cancer down the road if you’ve spent any time breathing the smoke or running in and out as I did to try and save the dog. And a van or RV is much smaller than a house. Really really bad idea.

Latest posts