Cammalu is running away

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey you!!! Just saw this thread and had to pop in. Now to go back and read it all. I hope all is well, we will see you out there :)

Hi bLEEps!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John's a brave man standing under the business end of that manure spreader, LOL. highdesertranger

I too loved Wild Kingdom. It was on at the same time as Hockey. This was before PVR and Video even Beta... LOL! So it was always a fight for me to watch as "Hockey is on!" Hockey is on every night in Canada or so it seemed. Hockey is great, I am Canadian, but I loved the adventure. My favorite person was Perkins. "Perkins is going to try an access the sleeping body temperature of..." some dangerous animal, LOL! Doing Siberia over the last two years I got called Perkins as apparently the show was popular here prior to the collapse and badly translated and overdubbed. Perkins became a legend as these poor translations and general ad lib overdub changed the whole scene. Brilliant! I searched for clips but didn't find any I could hack and dub in the English subtitle track. But suffice with this Russian translation; "Two fingers should be sufficient to see if the leopard is really sleeping." Scene; They tranquilizer shot a black leopard, to tag it, and Perkins is approaching.

Glad you are having such a grand time and providing research for those that need to see the real pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Cammalu, thanks for looking after John. He's a good man. I don't get on here as much as I used to and just saw where you posted the he'd had another stroke. That's sure a bummer, here's to hoping for a full recovery.

Ah, Wild Kingdom--my favorite show when I was a kid. :)

As I recall, Marlin would always talk on camera while poor Jim always went off to grab the alligator or whatever.

;)

Latest posts