Buying a Shop Vac cleane

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommas

Reaction score
Hello together,
I'm thinking about buying a Shop Vac  cleaner, but already have a good regular vacuum cleaner.
What advantages has this cleaner in comparison to a normal one?

They suck

in a great way, very strong.

Also wet-dry is a big plus

Plugin units off an inverter are much more practical than the battery powered ones.

Ah here it is, what I'm buying you for Christmas

Hello
We have one from craftsman and I would not give it for anything else. We use it for our garage, our terrace and to vacuum the cars. If you vacuum a lot outside, I would recommend you a vacuum cleaner with large containers. Our holds about 30 liters, which is quite neat.

I do like my wet-dry shop-vac in the garage. But a small hand held is what I grab when on the road in the van. A few quarters at the car wash will handle big clean-ups or de-watering a carpet if required. I have a hand held portable by Black&Decker. They are all nearly the same, so this is not an endorsement.

I was just looking yesterday at wet dry vacuums. Most really good ones (corded 110 volts) that I have used are big, loud and have a stiff hose that is difficult to get the pickup where I want it. Living in a small trailer off grid means you have to have a generator to use one of these, any other alternative seems to me to be a compromise. I my case I need a smaller, storable, battery operated one that all the hose and attachments store in. The one I think I would choose is the Ryobi 3 gallon, one battery system, 18 volt. First, I already have several batteries and a vehicle charger. Second, it would be possible for me to store in the small space I have. Third, it has a really felixible see through hose The only doubts I have are if I will be satisfied with it's ability to pick up sand, as most of these are not as powerfull as the ones I have had in the past. These in the past have been offered as a free tool with the purchase of two batteries, so I think I'll wait and see if that is offered again before spending $89 with the possibility of being disapointed.

DannyB1954 thanks for the info. I forgot to add the Ryobi video said the filter was washable as well. I guess I'll be getting one.