Bus Transformation

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That heater is a kerosene portable, radiant heater. It can be moved anywhere but does seem to work good in that location. I like it because it doesn't need to be plugged in.

Ballenxj said:
AWESOME! I like the look of wood, and your heater placement.

Kerosene heater eh? Thanks for the info Gus. That's the same reason I bought my Portable Buddy heater. No need to plug it in.

Nice work Gus. Looks like it's going to be a great home:exclamation:
I especially like the wood floors. It's nice it has a turbo diesel.
Looking forward to more pics.

J Grit

I've been eagerly awaiting more photos of your build and the wait was worth it. I can only imagine the pleasure you are getting out of this even though things can slow down now and then. Life and finishing nails get in the way sometimes.

After 3 weekends at home working on the house I was able to get a solid weekend on the bus again. I finished the hardwood flooring. It is the old narrow stuff and it took 5 1/2 lbs. of finishing nails to do the small area in the bus. It must take and easy ton of nails to do a gymnasium floor !!! :huh:

Attachments

• 0316141836.jpg
    0316141836.jpg
    277.6 KB
  • 0316141845a.jpg
    0316141845a.jpg
    306 KB
  • 0316141846.jpg
    0316141846.jpg
    313.3 KB
  • 0316141846a.jpg
    0316141846a.jpg
    318.8 KB
Chris,
I'm stalled. I started a new job in April and the bus hasn't made it here yet. I was going after it last weekend but my ride had to cancel. I actually have a lot rented, with electric, where I am now working. I just need to get if here so I can get it finished. Hopefully this weekend; we'll see. I have an old Uncle that wants to help so i'm kinda waiting for him to have a good week so he can get involved by giving me a ride after it.;)

Once I get it here it won't take any time at all to get it well on the way to being done. I am only working 40 hours a week so it leaves lots of day light to work on it compared to this winter. It was a good winter project though and I'm glad I bought it in the fall when I did. It helped fill the empty weekends I couldn't go home. I'm only half the distance to home now so I get home and get under foot every weekend these days.

Going after the bus tonite after work!

Here is in her new home 230 miles away from the previous location. I have use of the garage too!

Thanks, I love the way this bus is turning out so far. A little slow in progression once in awhile; but it keeps moving forward. It will be easy to work on at this location because I get the use of the garage too. That will allow me to set up my saws and organize my materials in a larger area saving some time. Beside the days are longer too; that helps.

Free2bMe said:
So totally kwel and very very creative!

Attachments

• IMG_20140506_121325011.jpg
    IMG_20140506_121325011.jpg
    618.1 KB
Here's a pic. of my new sofa bed. I picked it up Sunday at a second hand store. The sofa is 7' long and 36" deep. Perfect for sleeping on.

Attachments

• tmp_IMG_2014050818983-768401898.jpg
    tmp_IMG_2014050818983-768401898.jpg
    59.1 KB