Bus broke down, now covid+

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katt

Reaction score
Yeah it's me. Back again. We landed temporarily in North Carolina, near my SIL. This morning I noticed that I could not taste my tea. Then I realized I had no sense of taste or smell at all. This is after a few days of feeling like crap while on the road but had attributed to allergies. Went and got the rapid test and sure enough...

So far our on the road experience includes our bus breaking down and too much $ to fix, and becoming Covid+. 

Gotta love this shit.

I should add that, once we recover from this, our plan is to buy a used Class B after we pay down some debt. We are in an extended stay hotel for now and hopefully will be on the road after xmas.

Katt said:
Yeah it's me. Back again. We landed temporarily in North Carolina, near my SIL. This morning I noticed that I could not taste my tea. Then I realized I had no sense of taste or smell at all. This is after a few days of feeling like crap while on the road but had attributed to allergies. Went and got the rapid test and sure enough...

So far our on the road experience includes our bus breaking down and too much $ to fix, and becoming Covid+. 

Gotta love this shit.
Ivermectin and hcq.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Dang. I sure hope you two pull thru this and get going soon with a good reliable rig. 

Fingers crossed, both hands!

:thumbsup:

There are medicines that can help if taken soon enough, go see a doctor and ask!

Bullfrog means video chat a doctor, not go see one. Right Bullfrog? I'm under the impression they'd rather not see you in person unless absolutely necessary.

Katt, I sincerely hope that you and your partner don't get really sick. And that your experiences soon turn to the positive side.

Y'all are off to a very rough start. I hope you get well soon and get this behind you with smooth sailing afterwards.

My daughter works in an emergency clinic, yes they want you to call ahead if you have symptoms or a positive test result, but they are still seeing patients and have been all along!

I am sorry to hear that, you have been getting hit right and left. :( I hope you have a short illness with no bad effects.

So sorry on all this and sending hugs and fast healing vibes!!!

Katt said:
I should add that, once we recover from this, our plan is to buy a used Class B after we pay down some debt. We are in an extended stay hotel for now and hopefully will be on the road after xmas.
I'm sorry you are having such difficulties.  When I first read this, I thought "Wait, what month is it now?" because of the "xmas" comment.   :D   Are you really going to stay in place for 8-9 months?

Hey, I hope bug dont get you too bad. They do have good medicne now incase you don't know. Desmopophine( super stron steroid), helped me get over some of the worst symptoms. Bummer about the bus too, when it rains it pours, good luck

I took colloidal silver which I make myself but you can buy it at Walgreens. Recovery time 8 to 12 hours.
But that's me. No need for 'snake oil' comments.
Get well soon.

I have an immune boosting protocol I started summer of 2020 and I still got Covid in January, although it was a relatively mild case.  Mild until the second week when I got hit with the worst fatigue ever and it lasted for almost two weeks.  The first week was debilitating.  All I could do was lay in bed and I couldn't even hold up my phone for longer than a few minutes.  The little voices in my head said "take colloidal silver" and I had some so I did.  It didn't seem to help much. :(

Katt said:

Gotta love this shit.
Hello Katt, I was wondering how do you feel now. I sure hope the covid isn't serious for you. The symptoms people experience are all over the map.

I hope you're on the mend, Katt!!!

I'm still among the living. In a hotel in NC. I was doing OK but then things went south and I had a short hospital stay a week and a half ago. I already had cardiomyopathy and Covid did something nasty to my heart, so now all the symptoms of CHF that I had years ago are back. Hoping this gets better. ER doctor called me a "long-hauler". Through all of this I've had to keep applying for jobs so I could keep unemployment. Had two interviews even (both via video chat). In reality, there's no way I could hold down a job right now. Sleeping 18-20 hours a day is my friend.

Gotta love "life" in the United States. At least my partner has a job, or we'd be screwed.