Burns, OR Rexburg, ID Montpellier, ID + NoCal

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CourageUs

Reaction score
Tent/minivan camp mid September. We took a trip from the Oregon Coast (where we live) to Yellowstone, Salt Lake City, Cedar City Utah and then back to the Southern Oregon Coast. Only the first selection was found before the trip. All the others were found on the fly using freecampsites.net on my phone. I don't see very well so that's a bit of a pain in the rear having to look stuff up like that. Maybe I need a nice large tablet for better planning ;) Only one nigh/rest each stay fur us. 

Burns, OR Stinkwater Pass BLM
Sweet BLM land at Stinkwater Pass found off Freecampsites.net east of Burns, OR. Tree covered, dusty land with lots of cattle and at least one horse. Partner saw bats but I couldn't see or hear them. Early September no mosquitoes but plenty of flies. Screen room tent. Another tent camper 100 or so feet away, quiet, no interaction. 

Rexburg, ID Eagle Park
Likely closed for winter now. Pleasant if rocky Eagle Park site with water near a river. Raised tent pad, picnic table, lots of trees. A surprise when driving up past an industrial rock yard, but natural feel once inside the park. There's a fee, but we were on the cusp of the maintenance, so we left a few bucks but didn't need to. Not really suitable for a long stay.

Montpellier, ID 
Also likely closed for the winter. Not a very level spot and we were quite tired so we just slept on the van. 

Susanville, CA BLM
We just stopped to have a nap and some lunch. Pretty land, fairly level, just off the road, but quiet enough. Dusty, but lightly forested. Definately suitable for a longer stay.