Bullfrog

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way ahead of you. Hite Utah had some probably originally brought in as bait. Just about every newbie UDNR invasive ranger got a taste even though they were small. The drought has pretty well made them disappear from Lake Powell although I should go check. Now it is about a 3 day hike their possible habitat. Certain Native Americans believe they are spiritual. When I first started teaching on the reservation a new biology teacher from back in Massachusetts added them to her dissecting class. She went for a hike on the next weekend and disappeared. It pays to research different cultures before you live amongst them!

Way ahead of you. Hite Utah had some probably originally brought in as bait. Just about every newbie UDNR invasive ranger got a taste even though they were small. The drought has pretty well made them disappear from Lake Powell although I should go check. Now it is about a 3 day hike their possible habitat. Certain Native Americans believe they are spiritual. When I first started teaching on the reservation a new biology teacher from back in Massachusetts added them to her dissecting class. She went for a hike on the next weekend and disappeared. It pays to research different cultures before you live amongst them!
Do you mean to say she croaked? (Sorry, I sometimes can't help myself.)

Speaking of newbie mistakes the Colorado River Toad has toxins in it’s glands. Don’t mistake them for a Bullfrog while hunting or allow your pets to get near them.

Declaring a frog as spiritual works to keep people from being poisoned. But I suspect the spiritual part has more to do with the frogs association of appearing with the seasonal rains.

By a house I had in the 190s on Bainbridge Island in Washington state there was a seasonal pond. The frogs croaking noise was super loud at night for a whole month. It was a very shallow, small pond.

Used to love listening to the tiny tree frogs stuck all over the window of our house in Kentucky.

Speaking of newbie mistakes the Colorado River Toad has toxins in it’s glands. Don’t mistake them for a Bullfrog while hunting or allow your pets to get near them.
That's good information, thanks. I thought those types of frogs or toads were only found in places like Australia.