Bullfrog is awesome!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van Man Dave

Reaction score
Just a quick thanks to Bullfrog. We had the pleasure of meeting him by the marina at Lake Powell, and I must say, he is a great human being!

Thanks brother, we appreciate you very much!!

David & Nicole :heart: :heart:

Are you saying you met Bullfrog at the Bullfrog Marina on Lake Powell? I'll bet he knows the place well.

After coming for a weekend visit and staying 13 years I should! Happy to help the tribe enjoy this part of the world. Ya all come back ya hear!

It's sort of funny after doing this and watching lots of campers I can usually spot full timers. I almost scare them to death when I pull up in a government vehicle with a uniform on, but on the other hand when off duty and stop in my private car they think I just broke down and often come out wanting to help! A big smile and a howdy helps when dealing with officers. Any of the tribe gets this way PM me and I'll be happy to say hello.

govt uniform and vehicle.....yeah, you are from the govt and here to help me? right? HA HA

I am sure you rattle some fur out there LOL

I was just through there, first conversation of any depth was with the Sunday staffer at the visitor’s center. The offshore marina hardware store had what I needed too.

So Bullfrog didn't come and recite all the rules and regulations to you?

Shoulda, coulda, woulda I could have probably given what you needed Tooley and you could have taken a hot shower while I found it! If it was a blonde haired lady that loves dinasoars at the visitor's center she used to be my partner and that is the reason why! I understand as I don't say hello much when I travel actually pretty much a hermit and my wife is worst but your always welcome to stop by and find out how really to enjoy this place. Did you get to see some good fall colors yet?

Lake Powell is a very interesting looking lake. It has so many inlets, nooks and crannies. If it is not too windy it would be a canoer's paradise...I think. I have made it one of my travel goals.

It is starting to cool off down to the 50's tonight and upper 80's tomorrow but 25 MPH winds most of the day, water surface temps around 80 degrees. The north end up at Hite will be mainly a very few smaller fishing boats(fishing is slow due to high water temps) at this water level (3616') as only the primitive ramp is usable and about a 1/2 mile to the main chanel. The next usable ramp for trailered boats is almost 40 miles downstream at Halls Creek from the east and directly across from it Bullfrog from the west. With several hundred miles of shore line due to the canyons inbetween. November water temps drop and make swimming uncomfortable but jacket weather air temps most years. Wayneswords.net is your best source of information with the recreation and fishing forums. I'll be here at least until November, PM me if I you come this way as I know a few secrets.

Latest posts