Building solar setup around a toaster oven?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making toast in a skillet works better than a toaster IMO. I dont know if you know about doing it that way or not. It doesnt take any longer or if so not much longer.

This is a almost a three year old thread. Three. Years.

I was responding to Lucky Lady who posted a couple of hours ago. I didn't even realize that it was an old thread. highdesertranger

I didnt at first either. I think its relevant to the OP topic though. In case the point hadn't been proven to someones satisfaction. I intended to also run a toaster oven on my next buildout but I did the math. Feasible? Yes. Expensive? Yes.

Something else occurred to me. Another inefficient electrical heating appliance that draws fewer watts but MIGHT be suited to drying clay (I dont know) an easy bake oven. They use about a 60 watt bulb. Maybe 75 watt. I dont recall. It will bake brownies. Idk about clay.

Pronk said:
What temperature do you need?  The 12 volt cig plug "electric lunch box" gets to 300 degrees.  I have been using them for cooking food, and I love them.  Yes, them, I have two!  

Latest posts