Building Carmon

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian, my son used a saws all to remove the rollbar!! Just lil nubs left! 
Today I am gluing wood pieces to my walls to create air space for Reflectix. Because mine is window van and it dosen't have ribs and the worst yet the wall is full of valleys. So I'm using  1/8" to 3/4" depending on the section's width, plus it has the spave on inside wall too. It looks a mess and I'm not sure it will hold. Hopefully it will work and do the job. I am using M3 90 for glue. Below is a link to my build album. Hope the pics can be viewed. Includes todays work
http://s347.photobucket.com/user/surfineyes/library/Building Carmon?sort=3&page=1[/SIZE]

http://s347.photobucket.com/user/surfineyes/library/Building Carmon?sort=3&page=1

Pics of progress.
0716171239.jpg

0717171210.jpg

Attachments

• 0717171210.jpg
    0717171210.jpg
    578.5 KB
  • 0716171239.jpg
    0716171239.jpg
    683.3 KB
  • 0717171211.jpg
    0717171211.jpg
    599.6 KB
Wow...you practically have an auditorium in there now!

Looks great!

About how much standing room do you have in there?

Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for pictures
imgur.com,pretty much like photobucket without ads and actually lets you post your pics

Gary I will check out imgur for pics. Thanks.

Brian, with the 3/4" subfloor it measires 5.8" high down the center. It slopes towards the sided ending at about 5.3". It looks more spacious cuz the pic is an upshot. Never the less, plenty of room for myself and my dog!

Now, just as I thought my blocks didn't hold and my son suggests furring. I think it best too. I am scraping todays work.

So back to the drawing boatd! Furring it will need to be.

KatBalouE350 said:
Brian, with the 3/4" subfloor it measires 5.8" high down the center.

Never the less, plenty of room for myself and my dog!

A song pops into my head:

♫  Short people...... ♫

:p

Oh man, looks great without those roll bars. Good luck with the furring.

Putts and Ab, I am so tickled the roll bars are gone. Besides opening it up could you imagine having to work around them while installing insulation on the ceiling?

Brian, I remember that "short" song. Lol! When I was younger I use to always say, "short on inches but not on atittude." Not so much any more.

Think my body has had enough for this round of mods. If my son will wire up my fan and sink some screws in the subfloor I'm going to call it good and head back up to the mountains.

I was planning on going back to the mountain town I have been staying but roads were shut down due to a major fire. The whole town had been evacuated last week. Wow!

Anyway the subfloor is in. Used #8 15/8" stainless steel screws and put putty over the heads. Had to screw down due to slight warping.

The fan hook up is next in build progress. Had to take a break to get another battery. That side-trip was guided by Stern Wake and others in a different thread. Ended up with a Wally 27 Marine/RV battery as the only dual bat that would fit.

Back to topic. My son will be using #12 wire with an inline fuse #5 straight to the battery until I get my solar set up. He also picked us up an inexpensive inline volt meter. He says it is known to be .1 low in read out so I will have to keep that in mind. Hey what do you want for ten bucks?

Now...the van has been cutting out for awhile and no matter what I've done it is getting progressively worse. Grrr! Okay then, its time to start a new thread in Mechanical Issues. Dang it!

I finally have a phone that I can actually see what I'm typing! Makes for a smoother experience and allows less typos to get through.