Bugs Dangit

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdoverl

Reaction score
I didn’t realize there would be bugs in the desert at nighttime.

I’m by Lake Havasu. What could buy from Walmart and McGuyver into a window screen so I can get fresh air at night?

[emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Home Depot is right there too................

I would get a roll of window screen and some magnets

Slam a piece of screening in the door frame and drape over the open window.....secure the bottom with the magnets

Camping section at Walmart should have mosquito netting it is sort of easy to rip but works well, magnets are a good idea. If you have 18 volt Ryobi tools, batteries and charger then Ryobi has a fan that will work with them as well. You are not only in the desert but by a river with a lot of people.

Good luck on fixing the bug problem.  Des Moines is 62F right now (if my phone is being honest - feels fine to me).  I imagine Lake Havasu is warmer and not as windy. :D

2nd the idea of windowscreen and magnets.

My wife made our Ford Transit windowscreens like this with little magnets sewn in around the edge and the screen cut out in the shape of the window but a inch larger all around.   We keep them rolled up in the glove box and just slap them on each side of the driver/passenger windows on the outside and then adjust the window height up/down to a comfort level.

They should really sell this type of thing, so easy and nice to use.

IGBT said:
2nd the idea of windowscreen and magnets.

My wife made our Ford Transit windowscreens like this with little magnets sewn in around the edge and the screen cut out in the shape of the window but a inch larger all around.   We keep them rolled up in the glove box and just slap them on each side of the driver/passenger windows on the outside and then adjust the window height up/down to a comfort level.

They should really sell this type of thing, so easy and nice to use.

they do sell them, on Amazon and eBay. Search on "car window screen".

But it's so easy to cobble them up on your own.

Look for tule fabric in the fabric section at Walmart. I generally double or triple layer it to keep mosquitos out. It won't stop gnats or no-see-ums.

Tulle is good and inexpensive. The mesh is fine and soft and somewhat delicate, but it is pretty cheap. Don't let an accociate point you to netting. They are different animals

Since I don't know what these screens really look like, will they let a good airflow in when using a Fantastic fan?