Bragging about my dog

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonflyinthesky

Reaction score
Ivy passed her Canine Good Citizenship test last night. My Florida connection here probably don't recognize her. Remember how she was always biting, chewing and jumping on everyone? I was just thinking about when she kept jumping up in Gunner's face and biting him, he didn't know what to do so he sat on her and she set up to screaming and everyone thought he hurt her.  Now I'm through with the test and will be taking off from here in Ohio soon, in a few weeks.  Ivy is a Belgium Mal. 10 months old now.

12088533_10153654144221197_1559549771350898093_n.jpg

Congratulations, Ivy and Diane! That's a great start, esp for a Mal! What a beauty she is!
I love the Belgians. I had a Groenendael (Sheepdog). Are you into training and having fun with her? Those dogs are bright and quick.
Mira (Miracle) was my service dog. She did many tasks for me. She saved my life twice, and protected me from an intruder once. We also did backyard agility, canicross and dry-land mushing.
Hang on, Diane, you're in for the ride of your life! Enjoy every minute of it!
(I'm a little envious!)

You do know that updates and photos are a requirement here, don't you? LOL!

nice,just keep up with what they taught you and your now the pack leader

Congrats Diane!

My two, especially the darker boy, had issues like that. Turns out they were just trying to 'engage' me.
"Come On MOM, Let's do something FUN!" jumpy jumpy bitey jumpy.. lol

Once I taught them mental and physical self-control, they became amazing!

Brains and Drive are a wonderful combination- if you can Use them. :)

Good doggy!

Attachments

• 2291495.png
    2291495.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 4
My house mates Mal is a certified therapy dog. Incredibly well behaved and friendly Mal, Folks in the hospitals just love her.

There not just police dogs.

Kaiser ICU 1.jpg

Attachments

• Kaiser ICU 1.jpg
    Kaiser ICU 1.jpg
    899.6 KB · Views: 10
If I wasn't leaving for the winter I would start therapy dog training and tracking. I have started tracking training myself. I watching Youtube and I did it over 30 years ago. I've forgot more than most people ever knew lol. She does 12 tricks so far (behaviors) If you read body language and assign a cue, you can look like a pretty good trainer. She is getting good at retrieving antler sheds but they are ones I throw out in the open. She's getting stable enough for me to hide them soon I think. See what all you can accomplish if you don't have to be responsible for a home and relatives and you live in a tiny camper?

Congratulations Ivy and  you also Diane!  I knew she was smart when she was very young last spring by how quick she was taking to the basic training you were doing.

Having a well behaved dog (dogs in your case) will make traveling a lot easier.

I am still worried about traveling with Gunner when I go full time several months from now.  Hopefully it will work out.  He minds well when running free and gets along well with other dogs mostly.

Gunner still goes into guard mode when cabled to the van or in it if you remember. Especially when it starts getting dark and I don't know how to correct that behavior.  I like him in protect mode at times but he needs to look at me for guidance first.  He was a rescue and has come a long ways but . . .

God speed on your trip which should probably mean take your time and enjoy all the stops.
A SEEKER

dragonflyinthesky said:
Ivy passed her Canine Good Citizenship test last night.

Congrats to Ivy and nice to see you finally roaming about the country Lady D!