Box Truck Progress Update

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradKW

Reaction score
The whole Photobucket thing killed my build thread for now...I just haven't had time to fix it yet. Thanks go to the Mods here for their helpful suggestions and support!

In the meantime, my initial video tour on YouTube got a fair bit of attention and Howie wanted to do a follow up. The topic is basically my building a wet bath with stock Home Depot parts for under $1000...sans the Nature's Head.

It is actually completely different than I have been planning for a long time...I was going to custom glass the pan with a tile wall...but I am very pleased with the results, the budget, and time required. Check it out:

Looks good Brad, but wont the heavy glass doors bounce out of their tracks on rough roads and hitting bumps?

I'd fabricate some acrylic, lexan or FRP panels to the exact size and shape of the glass doors and you could always add cutouts or windows.

Use the same hardware and drill holes in the right places.

Probably much safer.

I actually don't think they can bounce out because the top rollers need a good bit of tilt to install the door, and the bottom guides prevent that. That said, forgetting to secure them just in normal driving could certainly be bad.

I figure they probably won't be the "permanent" answer, but they are allowing me to move on to the next project for now...and it feels good to actually have something "done" and look nice and finished.