BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw you have a poncho liner. I think I used mine until it was shredded. I loved that thing. Tonight I bought a super lightweight soft throw. It feels about the same as my old poncho liner. Gotta love those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome video of the deer.

I quit vegetable gardening at home because the deer kept eating my garden. But I love them. They give me a lovely excuse to camp instead of garden in summer. ;)

A lot of people I know don't like the South TX coast. Not me , I think it's one of the best places on earth !

Cammalu, love the poncho liner, have been using them since the 70s.  Girls love it too.
IMG_2924.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2924.JPG
    IMG_2924.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 20
Sunny1... I couldn't believe how many deer were out and about.

RvPopeye...thoroughly enjoying it. Had planned on attending the RTR but enjoying myself here too much.

Dang, Bob! I know there are quite a few deer in that area but didn't realize they were that plentiful in the neighborhoods. A lot of bucks too. Wow.

"Haven't decided yet whether to do a log this year, we'll see.  Have a great 1st day of the year everybody.  Life is good."

Enjoying following your 2017 venture and glad you continued and didn't stop from your 2016!

Semper Fi ! Bob..."Keep on Vannin!"

How/where my solar panel cables are stored.  They stay permanently connected to solar charger, then coiled/strapped and stored in a pouch behind the seat.
IMG_2966.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2966.JPG
    IMG_2966.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 31
If you want to find out how many gulls are in the area, open up your bait cooler and take out a bag of shrimp.  I ended up feeding them about 1/2 lb after their begging.
IMG_2969.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2969.JPG
    IMG_2969.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 12
Anyone ever seen mantis shrimp, they call them sea lice here in Texas.  $9 a pound, supposed to be a great bait for black drum.  We'll see...
IMG_2974.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2974.JPG
    IMG_2974.JPG
    890.6 KB · Views: 14
Only thing I've caught on them today are some small saltwater catfish.  I was using huge 7/0 circle hooks and 4 oz of lead to hold in the current.  Surprised they could get the bait in their mouth and pull the sinker.  Strong little pigs.
IMG_2983.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2983.JPG
    IMG_2983.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 8
The intracoastal where we lived in FL was lousy with those catfish, locals said they weren't good eating since the water had pollution issues with algae blooms. Hope they taste better in Texas!!

Didn't try them, several locals said they didn't taste anything like their freshwater brethren:)

Life is good :)
IMG_2992.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2992.JPG
    IMG_2992.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 10
$3 a day 24/7 parking and fishing.  Put permit on dash and good to go.  Water, bait, restrooms, snack n tackle shop on location.  All set for the day.
IMG_2997.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2997.JPG
    IMG_2997.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 14
I'm sorta like that comic strip hick with the black rain cloud that follows him around. The January we were there it was cold, windy and rainy. Fishing was free in state parks and even had volunteers to show you how!

Sunset this evening
IMG_3005.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3005.JPG
    IMG_3005.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 14
Caught what they call a pigfish today
IMG_3007.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3007.JPG
    IMG_3007.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 15