BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great start to a new day
IMG_4329.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4329.JPG
    IMG_4329.JPG
    48 KB
dang I just missed you Bob I was in Golden Valley just west of Kingman on the 11th. highdesertranger

Would have been great to share a cuppa :). Someday soon I hope

Enjoying the morning sun
IMG_4353.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4353.JPG
    IMG_4353.JPG
    104.3 KB
Put my 200 watts of solar panels to a test today.  Normally when recharging the 200 ah battery bank, in the morning, I turn off everything but the fridge.  Today along with the fridge, I turned on the roof vent fan, connected a 410w power inverter to charge a 26.3 AH battery pack and plugged in my cell phone.  Results, house batteries still fully recharged by 12:44 pm.  Super tickled, gotta love solar.  The rest of the day the sun will run everything leaving the batteries fully charged.  Life is good

Attachments

• IMG_4359.JPG
    IMG_4359.JPG
    29.8 KB
Queen, they're loving the lifestyle, it was my biggest concern when I first started, how would they adapt. :)

BobBski said:
Queen, they're loving the lifestyle, it was my biggest concern when I first started, how would they adapt. :)

I can understand that concern, we so badly wanted to travel with our Border Collies but the young one hated being in a car. We ended up only being able to go camping locally with them.

BobBski said:

Bob, I must say - your pictures are fabulous, they make me itchy to get on the road and learn how to fish! And I get a kick out of the girls! My guy is half chihuahua, half Jack Russell and he has me trained well! 
I too am wondering how he will adjust to the lifestyle change of car/minivan life. But as long as he's warm I think he will love it. Last week when practicing we both got way more time in the ravines and parks around town. He was definitely enjoying himself and I believe he knew that I was happier too...

Thanks Mermaid, I'm sure he'll do great and love all the new smells and sights.

I hate to wake her but it's time to get up.  OK, 10 more minutes:)
IMG_4362.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4362.JPG
    IMG_4362.JPG
    80.8 KB
BOB !
Giant Albino Rats spotted in your rig!!!!!
Ya gotta stop feeding them so much................

Enjoyed the 5 days in the Kingman Az area but time to move on.  Restocked the van and got an oil change then spent some time exploring the area around Chloride Az, population 352.  Quite the place.
IMG_4407.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4407.JPG
    IMG_4407.JPG
    128.6 KB
They have a place back in the hills a ways called the Chloride Murals.  They offer rides back in to see them but the Transit did fine getting back in there
IMG_4406.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4406.JPG
    IMG_4406.JPG
    112.7 KB
There blm land off of Old Chloride road. I stayed there a few nights.

IMG_4408.JPG
Found this old house...I think it could be refurbished and provide a beautiful dwelling.  All local materials and definitely built by a talented craftsman.

I made a 2:45 minute video of the day, including the ride through the beautiful country back to the Murals.  I stored it on YouTube for anyone who wants to view it. 

Attachments

• IMG_4408.JPG
    IMG_4408.JPG
    139.8 KB
The whole area is definitely beautiful and well worth the trip.
IMG_4409.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4409.JPG
    IMG_4409.JPG
    130 KB
IMG_4492.JPG
Went up to Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam.  Before 9/11 I used to drive tractor trailer rigs across the Dam.  I stored a 4:11 video on YouTube of the highlights of the trip in, the Dam, the marina, and some fish and bird pictures.  

Attachments

• IMG_4492.JPG
    IMG_4492.JPG
    99.3 KB